iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » The Mothman Prophecies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Mothman Prophecies
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I caught the very ending of this movie last night...and boy was it freaky...the scene where the whole bridge collapses with all the people on it, and all the cars go under water...that is scary. One of my biggest fears in life is going off a bridge and wrecking and going under water, and not being able to get out. When we drive over bridges it gives me the creeps, sometimes I will just close my eyes until we get over them (I am not the one driving [Razz] )

But, now after seeing the end of that movie I am thinking I'd like to watch the whole thing, has anyone else seen it, and what did you think??

Richard Gere and Laura Linney were in it, they were also both in Primal Fear. It seems Richard Gere likes doing movies with the same actresses...he did Final Analysis and No Mercy with Kim Basinger and Pretty Woman and Runaway Bride with Julia Roberts.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked it, but I don't know anyone else who did!
Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, that's a freaky film. I started the dvd over again as soon as I finished watching it the first time. My friend and I, who I watched it with, just talked about it for hours!

I think the scene with Richard Gere in his motel room and the message on his answering machine was the creepiest moment for me.

I also love how, when you watch it again, you can keep seeing the Mothman "pattern",(kind of like a backward y" everywhere!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bridges ccreep me out too....I blame seeing HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME as a child.

Wasn't MOTHMAN PROPHECIES supposedly based on a true story?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definately want to watch it from the beginning...

Mamamia....that scene in Happy Birthday to Me...is to me, one of the most frightening scenes in any movie I have ever seen. Because it seems like something that is possible to happen, and the way it was filmed, was so realistic, and I hate that whole thought of going under water...and the car filling up with water, and not being able to get out, and sinking deeper and deeper, and then running out of air...or drowning. I can tell people every movie I have ever seen that involves drowning, or a car going in to water.

The movie "The Legacy" scared the heck out of my brother for a year or more, he would not dive under water in our swimming pool. Once, me and him were putting the solar cover back on our pool, and he tried to swim under it, and he came up too soon, and it formed a suction around his head, and he couldn't breath, and I had to swim under and grab his legs and pull him back through, and it was one of the scariest things that I can remember.

The movie "The Game" when Michael Douglas goes under water, and he has the handle for the car door in his pocket, and you can see the windows and the water is coming up around it...that freaks me out.

I just watched The World is not Enough, and that had alot of under water scenes, where the possibility of people drowning was happening, and I don't like that...I could never even be involved in a movie that I had to do a scene like that. Yuck.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
When Susan Smith drowned her 2 boys in the back of the car, by driving it in to the lake....that whole story gave me nightmares for a long time, I could never get that out of my mind that someone could do such a horrible thing, and then go home, and call the police and pretend she didn't know what happened to them, and she knew exactly where they were....as far as I know they never did a movie about them....but maybe they did...but that is one movie I would never ever want to see. Some true to life stories should never get made in to movies.

I don't know if the Mothman Prophecies was true or not for sure...but something makes me think I heard that it was based on factual stuff too.

[ 17. September 2005, 16:41: Message edited by: ISIS ]

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aside from going over bridges I hate going through tunnels too.

And, yeah, that scene in THE LEGACY where the top of the pool turns to glass trapping someone inside was the freakiest part of the movie!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home