iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Candyman, Candyman, Candyman, Candyman.....
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched this movie last night for the first time and no way I'm saying his name a fifth time. [Razz] Heck, I only say Cindy, Cindy, CINDY! three times for Cindy Mancini, so forget it scary guy.

I remember when this flick came out back in 1992, but I wasn't a big Virginia Madsen fan then so I passed. Movies like Fire With Fire & Gotham have changed my mind about her though. Neat premise for the story and it had some cool ideas.

Loved the part in the psychiatrist office when she proved he was real...maybe? hmm [Eek!]

Any Candyfans out there?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite horror movie....cuz dare I say it's romantic? I cry at the end when she throws herself on the pyre.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Candyman...there ya go! I really liked this movie from the 90s. I think Tony Todd did an excellent job. He definitely scared me. Sprays on his Candyman repellent....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great film.....and it terrified the hell outta me when I first saw it! In fact I was such a chicken, I even paid a fine for late return at the video rental shop, just so I could take it back in the daytime! [Embarrassed]
Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is Candyman repellent available?

MotleyRulz you could've made a fortune selling it at the theaters late at night after watching this creepy movie in 1992. Duckie that is hilarious, though after watching the movie last night I realize you aren't joking.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CANDYMAN didnt really scare me because he was after Helen, and I'm not Helen.
I'm scared of the ones who'll kill anyone...like Freddy!

But in all honesty: No, I never finish the mirror trick either.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
VALLEY ASKED
quote:
There is Candyman repellent available?
Yeah, Banaca and a toothbrush [Wink]

I quite liked this in a B-movie kind of way, it was a well-paced, gory horror with quite a bit of nudity from old Virginna Madsen. Virginia’s brother, Michael ‘Mr Blonde’ Madsen, refuses to watch any movies where his sister bares all, so he probably hasn’t seen this.

I was talking to him once and the topic came up, he goes that Bernard Rose (the director) half-jokingly proposed a sequel with the two of them playing lovers, and he (Madsen) almost punched his lights out at the mere suggestion (as you would), this Bernard Rose character sounds insane to me, after all, would you tell Mike Madsen to pretend-**** his own sister?

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I think he must have confused him with Angelina Jolie's brother somehow. Btw, Brad Pitt wake up dude!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is just WRONG! Ick.

Did anyone ever remember that whole saying about standing in the mirror and saying " Bloody Mary" three times...it is just the same urban legend type deal as the Candy Man was.

Anyway...how can you guys be so afraid of this guy??? He sounds great to me- [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Who can take a sunrise,
Sprinkle it with dew?
Cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two…
The candyman, the candyman can,
The candyman can 'cause he mixes it with love
and makes the world taste good…

Who can take a rainbow,
Wrap it in a sigh?
Soak it in the sun and make the stra'bry lemon pie
The candyman? The candyman can…

The Candyman makes
everything he bakes
Satisfying and delicious.
Talk about your childhood wishes.
You can even eat the dishes!

Who can take tomorrow,
Dip it in a dream?
Separate the sorrow and collect up all the cream,
The candyman? The Candyman can, the candyman can…
And the world tastes good
'cause the candyman thinks it should…

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Bwahahahahahahah!!!!!!

I saw the movie about that scary black guy The Candyman.

Sammy Davis Junior?

Bwahahahahhahaha!

The Candyman jokes just keep a'comin'!

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, I hate that song! It's been said that even Sammy Davis, Jr. hated it, but his record producer and agent told him to sing it as a contract obligation.

Can someone give ISIS a tranquilizer for posting the words to that song? It seems that she herself seemed to be on a "sugar high" after she posted the lyrics! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I washed all that sugar down with a Bloody Mary.. [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched this one today, after picking up a copy of the special edition dvd. Have seen it a few times already, but not in awhile. I think this is probably one of Virginia's Madsen's best performances. She is always good in horror movies! Loved all of the Chicago scenery - Cabrini Green has pretty much been demolished now, but it was always a scary place to even drive close to. Watched a behind the scenes doc the dvd that said Virginia Madsen was really being hypnotized in all of her scenes with Tony Todd. Thought that was pretty cool. Love how you don't really know what is real or what could be imaginary. Are the sequels worth watching?

-

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love it!

Really creeped me out when I was younger with the HEEEEEEEEEEELLLLEEEEEEEN haha

Veronica, I think 2 is a good sequel, but 3 is pretty terrible imo.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sequels are just okay, nothing spectacular.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone else feel sorry for the poor candyman well they did cut his hand off!!!!lol
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this in the theaters when it first came out! Loved it. I need to watch it again.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great romantic movie:)...and one of the best examples of how inter-racial relationships can work even beyond death.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I always laughed when they did the lineup of the people that assaulted her in the bathroom.

"I heard you're looking for the Candyman B----"

Great stuff. A great movie, the second one was God awful. But this was a great date movie back in the day.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched this the other night and I remembered why I hadn't seen it since it came out. I don't get why people like it.. I thought it was no good..both times.

[Confused]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

39 Updates!

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was ok.
| Site Updates: 39 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home