iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Inspector Gadget (The Live Action Movie)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Inspector Gadget (The Live Action Movie)
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was nine with this movie came out, and it triggered a crush on Matthew Broderick (and I still like him). Nowadays the movie is more of a guilty pleasure because the acting is very embarrassing, but man, when I was a kid, this movie rocked so much.

I loved the evil Gadget just because his teeth were so nice. But, it's nice to see Matthew Broderick playing a villain--He fit the role of a psychotic robot surprisingly well.

The evil robot of Brenda reminded me of Kathy Griffin . . . she'd have gotten along with Andy *Di*ck*, who I like despite not buying at all that he's a smart scientist. "I deserve a dashing appellation." "A dashing appellation. What is that? A hillbilly with a tuxedo?"

Rupert Everett was good as The Claw, I liked him so much better than The Claw from the cartoon--I actually liked all of the people in the live action movie better than the cartoon, although the cartoon was good too.

It's nice to see a young Michelle Trachtenberg in the movie, too--She's so cute, you can't help but like her in it. On Buffy, on the other hand . . .

The car was pretty annoying, though, and I'm pretty sure I didn't like him when I was nine either.

I forget, did they give Inspector Gadget a reason for never knowing what he was doing in the cartoon, or was he just really incompetent? Because if it's the latter, I'm glad they gave him an excuse in the movie (if they could install all this junk into one man, couldn't they have installed something that made him know what gadgets he had and how to use them?). They didn't show enough of that evil Inspector though, because he was fun. "We coulda been partners. You and me, we're alike, except I've got nicer teeth."

Cheri O'Terri as the mayor was fun, too. "I'm sorry about the loss of your father. He was a good man." "Oh, you knew him?" "No."

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rented this off of TV one day when it had first come out on DVD and there was a storm or something and it kept cutting out. I never got the chance to ever finish that film. I hate it when movies do that, whether the DVD be messed up or the satellite. Maybe this will be one that I sit down and watch again some day with my son. I know that he would love it for sure!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh if you wanna have a mad crush on Matthew Broderick you should rent WAR GAMES and FERRIS BUELLERS DAY OFF. Man , was he a cute kid!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw those both--And yes, he was. [Wink] Wasn't too bad in The Music Man either, even if I got bored and didn't watch it all, ha. But the Pool song was mad catchy.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home