iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Movie of the Day--Con Air

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Con Air
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Favorite scene right off the bat: When all of the criminals are getting off of the bus and they are giving a brief synopsis of their crimes. It is awesome because it give you an introduction to the characters in a way that most films can't do. It gets you starting to visualize what kinds of things can happen.

One thing that should have not happened was Nicolas Cage's hair in this one, bad move.

Oh my favorite part is coming on right now....

Billy Bedlam--??
Nathan Jones aka Diamond Dog--Ving Rhames
Cyrus "The Virus" Grissom--John Malkovich

I had read some where that the only reason he did this movie was so he had the money to do another project. He is such a great bad guy!

Overall the storyline is good. What did you like or not like about this one?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought John Cusack did good in this one. I do agree on the Nicolas Cage mullet doo. Just didn't work...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nick Chinlund played the Billy Bedlam role. He also played Toombs in "The Chronicles of Rid****." Also played Tim in that movie "Training Day."
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A guilty pleasure if ever there was one, I absolutely love this film, gleeful amounts of scenery chewing overacting and pumped up bravado are truly a joy to behold. Cage, Cusack, Williamson, Buscemi, Malkovich, Rhames, Ticotin all on top form, this (up until ‘Face/Off’ which was released five months later) was easily the best action movie of 97, and by far the most entertaining film of the summer season that year, altogether now: “I said, put the bunny back in the box”.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kash you mean: I saaaiiid, Ppuuut thhhhee buuunnnyyy baaack in the box!!! haha
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home