iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Unfaithful

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unfaithful
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought of this movie, when I was thinking of Diane Lane, and I don't know if anyone ever discussed this movie ever...I looked it up and couldn't find anything...I thought I might have mentioned it before.

But...I liked this movie... well I thought it was made well is more like it ...cause it also disturbed me alot too...it is hard to watch, and I wondered what anyone thought of it...and what they thought of the end...because I was never quite sure about that ending...

Because if you look at where they are parked at the end, and where they are infront of...I don't think that was just by coincidence. So...I wondered if he was going to get out there...or keep going.

I loved Richard Gere's character in this movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hated it. Cant explain why, maybe cause it was so disturbing but I'd never watch it again.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was an interesting movie. At first, I thought it was going to be like "Fatal Attraction", mainly because it was directed by Adrian Lyne, the same person who did that one.

Diane Lane's performance is the best thing in this movie.

And as for the part where ISIS wrote about the end:
quote:
...Because if you look at where they are parked at the end, and where they are in front of...I don't think that was just by coincidence. So...I wondered if he was going to get out there...or keep going.
The DVD Special Features contains a slightly alternate ending: where the Richard Gere character goes inside, presumably to confess and turn himself in.

But the director had commented that he wanted to keep the ending irresolute, to leave the audience guessing. So, he went for the ending that you saw.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked it, Diane was nominated for an Academy Award for her performance in this one and I thought it was well a well deserved recognition. I thought it was a very very good look into why people do what they do, from a full view point and not just one sided. It is a disturbing topic but was portrayed very well on film.

One thing about the film that I didnn't like was now it ended. They just sat there by the police station, did they go in or drive on and leave the country????? One thing I would have liked answered for sure!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay Steven I am an idiot because I did not finish reading your post....
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do have it on DVD...I watched the interviews with Diane Lane and Richard Gere about the making of the movie...but I never watch alternative endings...I actually hate them...this is the thing about a movie...I want it to be 1 thing...one way...not 3 different ways...it can only be one end...if not...you can't buy any of it, and it makes it just a movie, I really like feeling like the characters in the movie are real, and even though they aren't...I try and think about if somewhere that might have happened to somebody.

*****Spoliers********

Alot of people kill people in fits of anger over adultry all the time.

My mom happened to be walking the dog today, and ran in to an 80 year old man at the park...and they just started talking, and one thing led to another...and he told her his 38 year old son had been shot and killed by his wife...my mom said..well I hope she's in jail...he said she got 10-20 years...and they left her out in 10.

The part that freaked me out about this movie was the whole snowglobe thing...alot of people collect those...and when she saw the one she gave the boyfriend had been put back in it's spot..that was like...whoa!! And then when she opens it...and reads the note, and sees the picture...I bawled...especially when she looks up and looks over at her husband and he stops and looks at her.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm suprised you liked it since it has such a negative aura to it...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I know...I don't like the story line at all, infact when I watched it...it bothered me so bad...and I don't really "like" it as in...that movie was great...I like that it seemed believable, and that they played their parts really well, and it seemed realistic. It actually was one...that I had to think about for awhile...and decide that it was actually a good movie.
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was on BBC1 a few days ago. I watched it for the second time. I also like it a lot. Though it isn't exactly a feel good movie.
Also wonderful performances from the entire cast. Especially from Diane Lane..
That scene on the train where she returns home after being bad for the first time.. obviously torn between guilt and pleasure.. was so realistic. That is what I call acting! I really felt sorry for Richard Gere throughout the entire movie.

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah...TKO...the emotions she had through different parts of that movie, they really portrayed that as to really how a person should feel if they were doing all that. You could just read her mind and see on her face what she was thinking about. I liked that part too.

Also, when the kid is saying while they are out getting pizza, about the police being at their house today, and how she answered that question, it was done so well.

I love the kid...he reminded me of mine...when he said " Your driving me bonkers mom"

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home