iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Single White Female

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Single White Female
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had forgotten about this movie...and I was watching The Philadelphia Experiement...and saw the guy that played the creepy boss of Bridget Fonda's in SWF...he was in The Philadelphia Experiment. He was Ned Ryerson in Groundhog Day too...he's been in lots of stuff.

But, I actually thought SWF was a really scary movie, and I haven't watched it in awhile, and was thinking I should.

What did anyone else think of it??

Have you ever had a friend that copied your every move??

I have had a few very controlling friends...that's for sure ..who didn't like me having other friends....I had an ex room mate that actually stole my furniture, so I can see where this movie can be semi believable.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An attractive, successful woman living in New York City breaks up with her boyfriend and decides to ease her recovery by getting a new roommate. The young woman who moves in changes slowly from normal and supportive to psychotic and dangerous, while also physically transforming herself to appear more and more like her roommate.

I think the scariest part about this movie is that it has probably happened more than once in real life. Let's put it this way, when my friend Brian moved to California back in 1995 to be an actor, this movie came to mind when I thought about getting a new roommate. I decided to not get one and live on my own for awhile instead.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know they were making this movie?

Single White Female 2

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is made for TV?? That is strange.

It actually is a movie they could keep redoing over and over, just changing the characters, and changing the degree of craziness.

I didn't like when the puppy "fell" out of the window.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually saw this for sale for 5.50 at Wal-mart--I should probably rent it and watch it if I consider buying it, though. (I probably won't buy it, though) Wicker Park reminded me of what I'd heard about this movie, except Wicker Park really, really sucked.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen this movie several times. Jennifer Jason Leigh really can play the odd creepy characters very well. Once again a film where she has a really bad hairdo. If you saw it available for 5.50 you should snatch it up. You would pay almost that much just to rent it.

Made for TV movie on #2 huh? Well has anyone caught Wild Things 2 and 3 that were made for TV films. They actally weren't that bad, surprisingly enough. I will be on the lookout for it. Probablly will be on HBO, Cinemax or Showtime.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't really care for this movie. It came out alongside a slew of other psycho thrillers such as Cape Fear, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle etc and didn't really seem to offer anything new. It seems to be enjoyed more by the women I know than the men...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home