iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » WHERE IS THE 90s LOVE?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WHERE IS THE 90s LOVE?
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know the 90s werent as kick-*** as the 70s or 80s, but i myself enjoy(ed) many things about the 90s. it was a wacky time. and since im pretty much a kid of the 90s, i just cant let the alternative scene and flannel and other horrendous fashion be ignored! plus some really really good movies came out.
so come on people, show the 90s some love.
[Wink] you know you want to.

Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in about the next 10 years, the 90s cult fans will start to come out more and praise their fav decade. It seems that no matter how cheesy the decade may or may have been, once at least 20 years go by, it's considered classic.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for j banana   Email j banana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good call
Posts: 37 | From: CA...on the southern side | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey..

I'm from the 80's messageboard.. but I'm actually starting to get a little fond of the 90's!

My brother had a grunge band back then, I was really into MTV.. I'm actually starting to get nostalgic for the long-lost 90's.. they're never coming back! [Frown] [Wink]

Duckie [Smile]

Posts: 54 | From: A Smoky Jazz Club | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
j banana
Rewinder
Member # 1714

Rate Member
thats what im talking about. the 90s were rockin. i understand it will take a few more years for the real appreciation to show though. [Cool]
sladey
Rewinder
Member # 1804

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for sladey   Email sladey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the 80's were brill by the 90's are good aswell like they say just need a little time for people to start to realise....
pulp fiction
resivour dogs
true romance
theres to name just a few films that were brill from the 90's

Posts: 32 | From: wiltshire,england | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin S.
Rewinder
Member # 1555

- posted      Profile for Kevin S.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
I think in about the next 10 years, the 90s cult fans will start to come out more and praise their fav decade. It seems that no matter how cheesy the decade may or may have been, once at least 20 years go by, it's considered classic.

Definately. I NEVER thought the 70's with it's ugly bellbottoms and platform shoes would ever get praised, but in the 90's the 1970's became cool again. And who would have ever thought that such an airheaded and raunchy decade like the 80's would get retooled to be now seen as some kind of wholesome and innocent Leave it to Beaver time?

The 90's will get praised, give it about 5 more years. The 80's didn't start to get any kind of praise until 1998, 1999/2000. Before the late 90's, the 80's were seen as too recent to give any kind of praise. It's the same deal with the 90's now, it's still too recent.

But by 2008, '09 and definately by 2010 there will be a lot of "retro 90's" stuff around and kids born well into the 90's and 2000's asking boneheaded questions about the 90's like "what kind of food did you people eat back then in the 90's?" There are already kids around now born in the early 90's and in middle school that don't know much about the 1990's and they are the frontline to the "future ignorant punk a$$ kid" that we will all have to deal with.

Posts: 50 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Esh1970
Rewind Curious
Member # 2118

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Esh1970   Email Esh1970   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe....isn't that the truth?? Never did I have as big a shock as I did when I told my teenaged stepsister that the original "Time After Time" was done by Cindi Lauper. She said "Cindi who?"

Blasphemy!!! LOL [Wink]

Posts: 9 | From: FL | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just hope grunge doesn't make a comeback. [Razz]
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Esh1970:
Hehe....isn't that the truth?? Never did I have as big a shock as I did when I told my teenaged stepsister that the original "Time After Time" was done by Cindi Lauper. She said "Cindi who?"

Blasphemy!!! LOL [Wink]

That reminds me of that story (or "urban legend") which involved two Duran Duran fans going to a record store. One of them spots a Beatles record. The other one says, "The Beatles? Oh, they were Paul McCartney's backup band before he joined Wings!"

Every time whenever I hear about someone from the 60's hearing that story, they get irritated!

What goes around comes around, I guess. [Wink]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit
Master Rewinder
Member # 1904

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Email Jessica Rabbit 2 Russian Rabbit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also loved the 90's i remember alot from the 90's because that was the decade that i grew from a child to a teenager/adult... And we all know that this time is an interesting one!!!

Went through a lot of phases trying to discover who i am, met loads of people made friends (and enemys)

Yeah the 90's were great!!!

SO my LOVE is with the 90's too. Mmmwahh X Big kiss from me [Wink]

Posts: 317 | From: South East London England | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Ali with i's on the money here, in a few more years they'll be playing Ebenezer Goode in a warehouse dressed in ridiculously bright shellsuits whilst some 30something in Seattle will put on a Nirvana CD and gets out their tie-dye long sleeve T-shirt...
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobby Keller
Rewinder
Member # 2129

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bobby Keller   Author's Homepage   Email Bobby Keller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some great 90's movies and TV shows, especially from the early 90's, just there are a lot more in the 80's.
Posts: 43 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home