iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » 3rd Rock from the Sun

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3rd Rock from the Sun
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone like this sitcom? I remember watching it and thinking it was funny for about the first year, then something else must have been on and I quite watching it. It makes me wonder how they are going to play out with the hit show LOST. I watched it in the beginning but it quickly lost interest for me.

I am kind of surprised that I didn't see "Sally" or "Harry" in anything else right after that. Did anyone like this one?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i really liked 3rd rock from the sun and like you jess, i was really into it for a while and forgot about it, and stopped watching it. i am a big joseph gordon levitt fan, (the boy who played tommy). i thought lithgow and curtin did a good job together.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lithgow and Curtain sure were a good match. Does anyone remember how the show ended? Did they end up going back to their planet?? Didn't Harry have a baby with Jan Hooks character???? I remember wanting to see how they were going to end it but I guess it has been so long ago that I don't even remember if I ever watched it at all??
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
About the time that it started over here, I had long, blonde hair and I used to get stopped in the street and asked if I was Kirstin Johnson. I never thought it was a compliment though.
a) she's a man trapped in a woman's body
b) she's got a really squashed nose and
c) she always looked kinda big to me

Now that I have my hair short, no-one has commented on the similarity. In photos we do look similar though.

I didn't really enjoy the show all that much. Slapstick isn't my style. I like subtle humour.

Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 'warm fuzzy part' -- when the aliens sat on the roof contemplating the lesson they often learned about earth life -- had both humor and poignancy. I like edgy, more sophisticated humor, so was able to see thru the slapstick and pick up the sweetness of those moments. There were times in the early years of "Mork & Mindy" where the same things happened...you just had to work thru some of the 'look at me making you laff' crap to find the heart.

Joseph Gordon Levitt is making quite a name these days in the indie film circle.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought William Shatner was funny when he would play on the show.
I was a fan of the show but I didn't watch it regularly. I started watching it a couple years after it was on.
I would like to see them all eventually. Maybe when the DVD comes out.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, BB, get a multi-region DVD player. In Europe, "3rd Rock..." is avilable in season sets on DVD. If you're a mark for "Ally McBeal", go multi-region as well.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the show was pretty funny. I watched the last episode and they went back home to their planet.

One episode that stands out in my minds was when JOhn Lithgow wore tight leather pants that sqeaked when he walked. He was trying to be sexy and it turned out to be just hilarious!

I guess you just had to see that one.

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home