iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » What About Bob??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What About Bob??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has to be probably my favorite 90's movie. It was done in 1991. I thought it was hysterical. It is one of my favorite summer movies. I love their house. I actually have a piece of artwork my aunt gave me as a wedding present that was done by the artist who did alot of the artwork you see on their walls in the house. I think you can get a good shot of one of them when Richard Dreyfus is brushing his teeth with his finger.. since Bob took his tooth brush.

It is a great movie, I am going to have to get it out and watch it very soon.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a good one! It was recommended by a friend who adores this movie, and he was quoting it, and I was wondering what all this "death therapy" stuff was.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah ISIS I loved this Bill Murray flick too. I love how he is so oblivious to the fact that he drives Leo crazy!!! I wish that Bill would do some more flicks like this one and Groundhog Day.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie. I like the beginning when he is trying to get to the doctor's office and he about has a fit. Then when he meets with the doctor and he give him that book, he keeps on going baby steps. Baby steps out the door, baby steps to the elevator. Then he gets in the elevator and screams all the way down. Then he has that goldfish that he carries around. Then when he is on the bus and he has that puke bag and makes a noise like he's puking. I felt sorry for the poor doctor. He drove him crazy. And he took over that Good Morning America interview. But that doctor just froze. [Eek!]

I also liked it when he went sailing and they tied him to that thing and he goes past their house and he's like I'm sailing. [Big Grin]

Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie! I am a big Bill Murray fan. I liked the way he would say "mmmmmmm" after each bite of food he would take at the table with their family. My wife's sister does the same thing and it drives us all crazy to eat with her.
I also liked him in Groundhog Day, The Man Who Knew Too Little, Larger Than Life, Scrooged and Stripes. Those are my favorite of his. I haven't see The Life Aquatic yet.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Meatballs is my favorite Bill Murray movie, and I love him in Tootsie too and Ghostbusters.

I love when he pretended he had Turettes (sp??) Syndrome. And I liked when he'd breath in a bag, and when he asked the guy on the bus to just knock him out.

I like when he gets there and starts yelling " Doctor Marvin!" Doctor LEO Marvin!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah that mmmmmmmmmmm thing was funny. Everybody else at the table liked it and thought it was funny. But Dr. Marvin didn't think so. Then it started raining and he had to spend the night.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP

Another early '90s movie with an '80s feel IMO. I've loved this one for a long time, even if at times, I didn't know who I was rooting for.

Bob is hard not to like (a very fun, upbeat kinda guy, in contrast to Dr. Marvin's more sarcastic--maybe not mean, but indifferent--attitude). Although he should have taken the hint that Leo just wanted a vacation, LOL.

Any scene where Leo got mad was funny (i.e. getting a flat tire).

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes. I personally like it best when he starts choking and Bob all but kills him trying to save him. You're all right, it's impossible not to like Bob no matter how crazy he can be.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I love that scene too Chris, because they dump Dr.Marvin to commend Bob for saving him.
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Leo Marvin: All's I want is some peace and quiet!

Bob Wiley: Okay I'll be quiet.

Siggy: And I'll be peace!

[Big Grin] loved this movie!

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see so many Bill Murray fans on the forum. What About Bob? is a great underrated movie. This is the Bill Murray that I enjoy, not this new apathetic thing he's doing in movies like Lost in Translation, et al. Caddyshack, Stripes, and Ghostbusters make the top of my list of Murray Classics.
Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home