iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's Eating Gilbert Grape?
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw this movie for the first time tonight. What a great great movie. What awesome performances by Johnny Depp as Gilbert, Leonardo DiCaprio as Arnie and Darlene Cates as the mother. Glad that I finally took time to watch it, it was worth the wait and definitely didn't diaappoint.

Anybody else like this movie?

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I saw that movie, I realized DiCaprio had talent. Anyone who thinks the guy is just a pretty face, should see that movie. One of my faves.
Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not an easy roll at all for Dicaprio to play and he made the role very believable and didn't seem forced.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally agree.
After seeing his performance in this movie, I have to say that I think he definitely is one of the most talented young actors around these days.
I think it is a very thin line on which you tread when portraying a mentally retarded person, and he did an awesome job, never overdoing it.

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah Leonardo was nominated for a best supporting actor Oscar for his work in this film. This film is definately worth taking a look see if you haven't already. I think that the woman that played the mother is still alive and still really large, don't know if she has been in anything else or not?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great movie, sam. leo was nothing short of excellent in his role. and depp was great too. the movie has some odd funny moments. i thought the scene where the family was eating and began to argue was a bit funny.

"GILBERT, MY SHOE DONE FELL OFF!!"

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This to me is one of the greatest films of the 90s. If you were to come to my house right now, you just might see some movie posters of this film on the walls. Another cool fact is that it was filmed down here in TEJAS. Great movie.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a good movie. Remember when Gilbert left him in that tub and he came home and he's still in there and he's freezing? Leonardo Dicaprio definitely did a good job.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home