iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Horrible movies you love... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Horrible movies you love...
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know those movies that are absolutely terrible, but you either have to watch them everytime they're on cable, or you might even own them? I was inspired to start this thread by that Showgirls thread a while back that a few of the residents here said they liked but weren't sure why.

Here's my list:

1- Deep Blue Sea (1999)
Comments: Why do I love this movie!? The CGI they used for the sharks was cheesy at numerous times. The plot was pretty much predictable. The acting wasn't great. The cast wasn't exactly stellar. Why do I have to watch this movie everytime it's on, even when it's edited for cable?

2- Eight Legged Freaks (2002)
Comments: I frickin love this movie, even though I think David Arquette is the least funny commercial guy, in the history of unfunny commercial guys. I saw this movie on cable a while back, and would buy it in an instant if I found a good deal on it.

3- Arachnophobia (1990)
Comments: I saw this movie for the first time when I was about 9 years old. It could be the time of my life that makes me love this one. Not scary in the least bit, but an intriguing premise. I think I like this one because it has that "It could happen" effect.

4- Galaxy Quest (1999)
Comments: I think I'm one of 10 people who saw this movie, and one of 2 who loved it lol. This movie may have made $35 dollars at the box office, probably $20 of which were by me. It's sad, I know. This (in my opinion), highlites the ridiculous behavior of the Trek's out there perfectly. If I offend any fellow Trekkies, don't worry, who am I to point fingers right? Afterall, I love Deep Blue Sea...

5- Encino Man (1992)
Comments: Lets not beat around the bush here...this movie is frighteningly bad. Yet, who do you find glued to the tube everytime it comes on cable? Yours truly. Even worse, who actually enjoys it everytime it comes on cable? Yours truly.

6- Nothing but trouble (1991)
Comments: They don't even play this movie at the horrible movie time slot times (between 3 and 5 A.M). This movie is the epitome of a bad movie. The part where the "judge" starts taking off all of his prosthetics before he goes to bed, kills me everytime. Funny how I'm trying to relate a certain funny part of the movie that all of you probably haven't seen or stopped it before it even reached that scene.

To be continued...

[ 10. May 2005, 22:38: Message edited by: I'm Fat, but uh you can call me Fat ]

Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, I thought I was the only person who ever saw Nothing but Trouble. It's so excellent!!

In fact, everything on your list is pretty good in my books. Actually Galaxy Quest was a big hit here in Australia. It's sad that it wasn't successful everywhere else.

You can add to that list -

Spiceworld. I'm sorry but I love it.

King Solomons Mines. Very early Sharon Stone film with Richard Chamberlain.

Night of the comet. Need I say more?

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great topic Fat! [Big Grin]

I so thought of Miss Angels Showgirls post before you said it. There's such a load of 90's movies that are so bad they are good....that constently play on cable.

I frickin looooooove Encino Man!!!!! which leads me to add all Pauly Shore movies including:

-In the Army Now
-Son in Law
-Biodome

I know it's embarassing but I watch them when their on.
"do the weasel....thei thei thei"

I'll think of some more I know there's a ton.

Stitch, Night of the Comet of course!!!! There's so many 80's ones. [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy, Biodome is just a bad movie. It's a horrible movie that I HATE!!!!!!!

Galaxy Quest isn't a horrible movie at all - it's very funny and very clever.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Biodome rules.

I also watch Drumline everytime it's on. Even though it's terrible.

I love Pauly Shore. He's nuts.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul I so hestiated adding Biodome to the list for a slight sec......haaaaaaa! I did it all so I could get shamed..."ooooo the shame and humilation" [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I love Encino Man and Bio-Dome. Son-in-law is the best though. I can watch that movie a million times.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Road House is the epitome of a movie so bad it's good and I have to watch it whenever it's on.

Maximum Overdrive is a close second.

Beastmaster is also pretty crappily good

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
guilty pleasures eh...? AMERICAN NINJA, DOUBLE IMPACT (actually, pretty much ANY Van Damme movie), ANACONDA, THE RELIC....
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great point rag, I completely forgot about 'Lionheart'...I watch that everytime it's on cable and it gets my adrenaline going everytime.
Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good topic, Fat! Pretty much my entire movie collection is bad movie after bad movie, even classics that aren't exactly the epitome of a stellar movie.

I liked Galaxy Quest, so I guess I'm the second person to see it, Fat. [Wink] You can't go wrong with Alan Rickman as an alien . . . sorta. "They're gonna kill Guy!"

How about . . . Beverly Hills Ninja? Love that one. Anything Chris Farley is in is gold (Er--Make that as a main character.). Billy Madison and Adam Sandler movies . . . 3 Ninjas, not including the sequels (Too bad, even for me.).

Let's see, down my list of movies I own that are bad . . .

Transylvania 6-5000. KRAMER! Not to mention Geena Davis as a vampire and Jeff Goldblum trying to get a girl who happens to threaten people with broken bottles.

Once Bitten . . . terrible on all sorts of levels, but Jim Carrey (even a watered down Jim Carrey) as a vampire is just too good. Plus they have dancing, and gosh darn it, it's funny.

All three Evil Dead movies (Which actually are considered quite good, but I still laugh at the editing, doubles, dummies, what have you, every time I watch the first one. Make that just the first one then.).

My Boyfriend's Back. Y'know . . . When you can call someone "Whore of the undead" in a serious manner, you deserve some sort of award as a bad actor.

Any Tremors movie past the first one . . . Yeah, that includes 4.

Earth Girls Are Easy. Classic fun in the best possible way. "Here comes Doctor Love!"

Little Monsters, and I'm sure no one needs me to explain that.

Jawbreaker . . . Yes, it was a big Heathers rip-off. BUT, it was such a bright, candy-colored movie, it's almost hypnotizing . . .

Cursed, which reminded me of 80's movies a bit . . . the acting might have been a little, uh, sub-par, but gosh darn it, it was fun.

Well, I guess a lot of these can't count because I know why I watch them . . . excluding Jawbreaker; I'm still puzzled on that one.

I think a movie isn't a really bad movie until you start feeling embarrassed for the actors. Tell me no one walked into Kangaroo Jack knowing that this would happen.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy...Son-In-Law is a GREAT Movie. I watched it a few weeks ago and it's still funny to me. Encino Man was decent when it came out, but it has not agaed well in my opinion. BioDome...sorry Devo I thought you were cool. [Wink] Sam is totally right about Roadhouse, it's so "I thought you'd be bigger" bad it's way good. Paul & Fat, I agree on Galaxy Quest too, that movie is hilarious, especially for all the former Star Trek kids of the 70's.

How about:

Hardbodies
Big Trouble In Little China
Doctor Detroit
Howard The Duck
Into The Night
One Crazy Summer
Strange Brew

Stop right there Valley....I just realized that one person's "So Bad It's Good Movie" list is another person's "You Fool You Just Dissed My Favorite Movie" list. [Razz] [Smile]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I love Nothing but Trouble too!!!! I love how Dan Aykroyd played the old man with all of the makeup.

Also loved:

Howard the Duck
OOHHH, Jawbreaker too
Haunted Honeymoon
Two of a Kind
Neighbors

Just to name a few

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mod Formerly Known as PaulS:

Galaxy Quest isn't a horrible movie at all - it's very funny and very clever.

i have never heard anyone say that galaxy quest was horrible. i love it.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Roadhouse, Hardbodies, Strange Brew and Beastmaster.

Sheena- is terrible with the acting, but the scenery is gorgeous- and when Tanya Roberts is riding that Zebra bare back with no shoes on- that is pretty cool. I love all the animals in it. But the love story with her is boring.

My husband's favorite 2 movies... I think fall in to this category:

Ski School
I'm Gonna Get You Sucka

Some more that I love but I know others would think they were lame-o are:

Caveman
Swamp Thing
Xanadu
Flash Gordon
Zapped!
Cat People
Children of the Corn
Cheerleader Camp
9 to 5
Clash of the Titans
Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I just realized this was posted on the 90's site...

The one 90's movie that I can think of is:

Tango & Cash

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who found humor in "Nothing but trouble" & "Galaxy Quest"

Muffy: Biodome? WOW lol. That one may take the trophy in this thread, excellent choice. [Razz] I may have to rent that one now...

ISIS: Hey start your own 80's thread! I'm teasing you of course [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] ...there is no time period discrimination when it comes to horribly-great movies. [Wink]

raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello inFATuated, hello Obscurus Lupa - I LOVE ADAM SANDLER!! HAPPY GILMORE and BILLY MADISON are the type of 'switch yer brains off and enjoy' films that cheer me up when I'm on a downer. and hey, did you know that Van Damme's Classic, LIONHEART, is titled 'A.W.O.L.: ABSENT WITHOUT LEAVE' here in the UK? it's a great movie!
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Demolition man" is pretty awful,but it also makes me laugh too.The same with that terrible "Face/off".Cage and Travolta are so trying to overact.
Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Sorry, I just realized this was posted on the 90's site...

The one 90's movie that I can think of is:

Tango & Cash

No, Isis..."Tango & Cash" came out in 1989. Trust me...I'm an 80s buff. I know many movies' release years better than I know some of my relatives. Many others on here are 80s movies but I've no time to delve into them right now.

My favorite bad 90s movie is "Forrest Gump". Yeah, it's a multi-Oscar winner, but I can't really find anybody outside of myself who likes it.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Ok, I trust you John, fer shur..about the date.

Funny you say most people don't like Forrest Gump, cause I thought most people did, because everyone I know went and saw it, and I bought it without ever seeing it, because it was loved by so many people, and I watched it, and I hated it.

Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John, I loved Forrest Gu-ump! I thought it was very cool.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the premiere of Man-Thing on the sci-fi channel. Dude, what a stinker! I love it. It was so awful that I have to get the DVD when it comes out next month.
I love cheese!

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will join the Forrest Gump fan-club on here - I loved that movie.
After watching it, I felt like the world was not such a bad place after all .. or something like that.

One movie that definitely was bad and which I liked nevertheless was Demolition Man.

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK I came back with more bad movies I actually like.....that someone else will say they love:

"The Legend Of Billy Jean"
"Midnight Madness"
"Billy Jack"
"Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama"
"Cool As Ice" - Actually I couldn't even finish this movie, so I thought I'd throw it in for a joke. Maybe someone likes it though....I mean besides the cast of "The Surreal Life". [Smile]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home