iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Matt Damon (opinions please)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Matt Damon (opinions please)
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO one of the most talented, likeable young leading men in recent years, what does everyone else here think of the guy?? Personally I reckon he has more charisma in his little finger than Ben Affleck has in his entire body [Mad] , not to mention being that bit better than Leo DiCaprio too, but still..

Thought he was EXCELLENT in the following;

Good Will Hunting (startling debut)
Rounders (him and Ed Norton bounced off eachother)
The Talented Mr Ripley (probably his best role)

Any other Matt Damon fans here?? [Smile]

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For sure he's more likeable then Benifer....a good actor I won't disagree, I like him don't love him. I loved Good Will Hunting though he did a great job.

When you wrote (startling debut) it made me laugh at his 80's preppiness in Mystic Pizza.....I think he even had one line?...hmmmm?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was hilarious how they parodied him in "Team America World Police"
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jules
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2627

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jules   Email Jules   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he did wonderful in the Talented Mr. Ripley but he hasn't made anything recently that is that good. Just not good scrips I guess.
Posts: 944 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a huge fan...have seen so few things of his that I can't make an informed judgment. Cannot stand Affleck.
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JASON BOURNE!!!! 'IDENTITY' and 'SUPREMACY' rock!! can't wait for the 'ULTIMATUM'....
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know what he just really doesn't do anything for me. He is "cute" like little boy cute. The pictures of him now look just like the ones that I have seen back when he was in High School. I personally don't get to excited when any new movie of his comes out. I really was impressed with Good Will Hunting though, very clever film.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JLP...that's exactly what I mean, he just doesn't seem to have 'matured' on screen to me and I am sort of well beyond 'cute little boys' as actors. One of these days I'll have to overcome my Affleck revulsion and watch "Good Will Hunting."
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damon isn't as talented as Affleck, but he's a better writer. Affleck also has a great knack for comedy, his roles in the Kevin Smith movies, and Linklater's Dazed and Confused are hilariously portrayed.

I also loved Matt and Ben shooting Good Will Hunting 2: Hunting Season.... "LION FACE, HA! Lemon face, oooh... Lion face, HA! Lemon face, oooh..."

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't stand Ben Affleck..I don't even think he's good looking, so I am not sure what all the hype on him is.

I think the only thing I know Matt Damon from was Good Will Hunting, and that movie bored me so bad...I can't even remember much about it.

So, I can't say either if I like him or not..because I don't remember seeing him in anything, and all the previews of stuff he's been in haven't done anything for me either, to make me wanna see any of it.

[ 16. May 2005, 15:38: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Matt Damon is a great actor but he certainly doesn't schnizzle my nizzle. He must be pretty bright though as he won a scholarship to Harvard.

I quite like Ben Affleck, as a potential lover (yeah right) and actor.

I agree with Brode though, my respect increased for them about four-fold when they did Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back and parodied themselves and Good Will Hunting. It was classic. I love that they can laugh at themselves

Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's excellent as Jason Bourne in those two movies 'Identity' and 'Supremacy'.
Beacuse he doesnt really look like an action hero type,he carries the role better than if you had someone regular from the genre taking the role.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked him in both of the Bourne movies and Good Will Hunting. Not my fave, but definitely like him more than Bennifer Lopez. Wasn't Damon one of the ones in the Flim Actor's Guild AKA FAG in Team America???
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home