iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Fear with Witherspoon, Wahlberg & Milano (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Fear with Witherspoon, Wahlberg & Milano
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put Fear on last night. I hadn't watched it in a long time. I remember seeing it in the theater with this guy I was good friends with, who later became my boyfriend of almost 6 years. Anyways, at the time, I loved it. It came out in April of 1996 and I think subconsciously I always relate it to this time of year when the weather starts getting warmer and you can be outside more. Wow, that's almost 10 years ago....

I don't know about you guys but I actually liked Reese Witherspoon in this movie. She wasn't too annoying or prissy. I haven't liked any of her movies lately. The clothes in Fear were still grungy looking but sexy and the soundtrack was awesome with Bush and The Sundays. I remember being a little embarassed during the rollercoaster scene being that I was with a guy friend who I was kinda diggin'. Ahh, I guess it just added to the excitement of it all...youth...gotta love it...hahaha.

As for the rest of the cast, Alyssa Milano was great as Margo. It was a far cry from her role as Samantha Micelli on Who's the Boss. Mark Wahlberg was well, pretty damn creepy, especially when he started hitting himself in the chest to make it look like Reese's Dad beat him up. Overall, it's not a bad film. I think it captured that whole mid 90's era really well. Did any of you see this or like it?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never saw FEAR but Wahlberg and the director JAMES FOLEY reunited I think a year or two later for the superb thriller THE CORRUPTOR which also starred the super-cool CHOW YUN-FAT.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I remember seeing it the first time, and it was the first time I thought that Mark Wahlberg had some acting potential. Nothing like playing a psycho stalker.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fairytayle_17
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4041

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for fairytayle_17   Email fairytayle_17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooooh mark whalberg is sooo creepy!! especialy when his face pops up at the peephole at her front door!!!.........scary, but a good film!!
Posts: 58 | From: Isle of Wight, England | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Cindy I love this movie!! I love the innocence of Nicole's character and how David takes advantage of her. I personally don't think he is all that good looking, but he definately has some kind of appeal about him that is captivating.

I thought that everyone in the film was cast really well, especially William Petersen. I love the song "Wild Horses" which isn't on the soundtrack (made a lot of people upset).

I am sorry but if a song is in the movie it should be put on the soundtrack!! Otherwise, what is the point!

Great pick Cindy--makes me want to break out my DVD of this.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked this movie too. I think I only ever saw it once...maybe twice. I liked Reese in: The Man in the Moon- I thought that was a good movie.
And I liked her in Fear too, and your right Cindy...I actually haven't been able to get through the previews of stuff like the "Blonde" movies, and nothing else seemed to interest me story wise, so I lost interest in her as an actress.

I did think the rollercoaster scene was a little embarrassing too, but it reminded me of when I went to Kings Dominion in the 80's, and a boyfriend of mine, wanted to kiss me on the way down the rollercoaster- cause he thought it would be fun to try it, and I said no way, I wanted to keep all my teeth.

Yeah...those amusement park rides can be thrilling in more ways than one, I guess- so I have heard-
[Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]

The scene with the German Shepard ( you know the one)...that was awful scary.

Wasn't their house like super high tech too? I should watch it again too, cause I forgot alot of stuff about it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other part the scared me was when Nicole goes to David's house and sees Margo like lap dancing that guy but then David walks up and grabs her by the hair and says, "Tell him you want me!" And he keeps pulling her hair till she does and then he throws her over his shoulder and walks off with her....ahhh! Bad, very bad!

jlp, was the soundtrack ever officially released? I just had the songs from different cd's. I'd love to buy it if it exists...Oh yeah, and by the way, Mark is actually really good looking in person. On screen does him no justice. I've hung out with him on several occasions in the past. He's not very tall but he has a sincere face and a sense of compassion that I found rare. I didn't like The Corrupter though...haha. I remember him telling me before Boogie Nights came out that I was going to like it and he just kind of chuckled and gave me this look...I eventually found out why...nice ending scene there Dirk [Eek!] .

Isis, do you need a copy of Fear? Let me know.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this was a really freaky movie that I saw just by chance when i was in high school i had a friend him and I would usually rent movies on friday nights and one night we rented fear it was so freakky reese s friend in fear that how my guy friend was too bad we dont talk anymore;( but its ok lats i heared he was doing well [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy how do you know Mark Wahlberg?

Do you know any other famous people personally?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
jlp, I was invited backstage after one of his concerts. I was in the front row and he kept looking at me. Before I left the theater, I was approached by his bodyguard and told that Mark wanted to meet me and my two friends. I met him and we talked and he was so great. He invited us to NYC three weeks later to see him. We kind of developed a friendship/acquaintence thing from there on out. Whenever he was doing a show in NY, PA or nearby, he would tell us and we'd go. It was an insane year and a half [Razz] .

We had the best time. We stayed in the same hotels as he did. We went to concerts and had front row seats or VIP passes. It was crazy! We got to know his whole entourage and we were treated like gold wherever we went.

Once the music ended, he started doing movies. I basically saw him here and there in NY whenever he was doing press for a film. One of the last times I saw him, he actually came over to my hotel room and just hung out for awhile. I haven't seen him since 2001. Where I'm at in my life now is just so different from where I was back then.

Regardless, I will always have the utmost respect for him and all the great times he showed me and my friends. I mean, not too many guys in modern day society would go out of their way to help a geek like me...hahahahaha...it's true.

[ 12. April 2005, 21:31: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
So you were like a roadie!!! hehehe

I think that is so cool that you had the opportunity to meet him.

I wish I could be presented with some luck like that to meet someone famous. But then I might end up being disappointed because they might end up being not nice and then my whole image of them would be ruined!!

cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Roadie...hahaha...did you see Almost Famous? That movie is so true to life it's scary.
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
So true!!!!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy- you a geek, yeah right....I don't think so. But it is awesome that you meet him and actually got to know him.

It is weird when you meet a famous person.

I have a friend Jessica who has meet over 800 celebrities, not only is he a photographer, but he ends up meeting people and they end up befriending him, and he ends up getting pretty close to alot of people, you can't even believe it.

When I see his personal film footage of celebrities...they are just regular people, like he just showed me one with Kim Richards, and she was looking at this DVD thing he made for her of her own work, and she was so excited, and yelling for her kids and her sister to come look at it, like she had never seen it before, and she was so polite and friendly to everyone.

Kathleen Kinmont was the same way- he knows her really well, and it is as if you are talking to anybody else on the planet.

I was shocked when I meet Joanna, how easily she trusted me, and how much personal stuff she told me, and how now I can talk to her on the phone, and before I knew her from TV. It is just so bizarre.

Some people though are a complete let down of how you think they are going to be, and you think they are going to be that character you knew them as, when in real life they aren't anything like that person. Some people are extremely rude to fans too, but some fans are the same way and are so pushy.

My friend sends me links to things like the Chiller Theatre thing Mamamia posted about, where you can go meet people, to me that is such a weird experience, to see those people in living color.

I don't know anymore who else I actually would want to meet in real life, I have thought about it over and over, and can't think of anybody.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Okay this is the first time that I have heard of a guys' name Jessica!!!!!! Kind of cool, I didnt know any guys had my name!!

I would love to meet someone famous. I wonder how I would react to it. I mean freeze up, jump up and down, faint, babble continuously, stare, what?

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
No Jessica, you goof...I was talking to you about my friend-I forgot to add a comma. I figured by now you could decifer my punctuation. Sorry. His name is not Jessica, but it does begin with a J. Hahaha.

I was a little freaked when I saw Joanna walking down the hallway, and she came in, and knew exactly who I was and said Hi Lisa, and she asked me what I did to my hair, and she was just like a regular person, and she said "come on let's go out in the hall and take some pictures, and then I gave her a present, and I let her see my scrapbook - and I babble so...I have never had a problem thinking up stuff to say. And she knew I was having dinner with her that night, we were staying at the same hotel with her, so right away, she was there by herself, so she just said for me to sit with her all day at her table, and she signed a bunch of photos for me, and my Isis t-shirt. And then I just hung there all day, my husband and son went over to the mall, and they went and meet Adam West and walked around and checked out all the stuff, and they went to lunch.
I took pictures of her with her camera for her own personal pictures, and then I would take pictures of her with other fans, and then I talked to other fans, cause they thought I was her daughter or her manager, nobody knew who I was, so that was way cool. At one time, she asked me to wait there while she ran up to her room, and I was sitting there by myself with all her pictures, it was so weird. But, she and I talked in between when it was slow, and talked about all the other movies and stuff she had done besides Isis. She did an interview afterwards-in a private room, where fans asked her questions, and that was cool.

I have the whole dinner on video thanks to the friend I am talking about, that's where I meet him, was at the thing with Joanna. He was at the dinner too, and he was there to see Lee Merriweather- cause he knew her too.

It was weird to see Lee Merriweather walking around the halls just like a regular person.

And when I went in the bathroom, Cindy Morgan- from Caddyshack (Lacey Underall) she was in there curling her hair, and I stopped and talked to her too. Cause she was sitting right next to me and Joanna. She got really mean about the girl that was beside her ...Julie Benz- she's from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, they were getting in to some kind of arguement over who was getting all the men at their table, that is the sad part...is alot of those people make their living now by going to those events. It can get vicious.

The guy beside us...Booth Coleman, he was the Doctor in Planet of the Apes....the one with the white hair, and he's been in a bunch of movies.

I have seen him listed at alot of those events, and he was in the restaurant the night we were there with Joanna, and I asked her if he could eat with us, and she said yeah, and sent someone over to ask him, but he was leaving, and then I saw him the next morning again at breakfast, and I thought... nobody would ever recognize him, and know he had been a big time actor in his Day, both him and Joanna have action figures modeled after them, how cool is that? And yet...alot of people never heard of them.

I always wonder why anyone desires to be famous?

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, "Fear" is a great thriller!

Marky Mark..I mean Mark Wahlberg was outstanding in this movie. When he snapped it was truly surreal, like wow that was so cool. And that scene where Reese is spying on him with Alyssa and sees the real "good vibration"....now is that not every single dating girl's nightmare or what? [Eek!]

Devo some people think "Bogie Nights" was Mark Wahlberg's breakout role...but you're right it was really "Fear". [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched FEAR last night. Thanks Cindy. It was really disturbing, for more reasons than just Mark Walburg going "Ape". I had forgot some of it.

When they go in to the club at the beginning and Alyssa Milano is checking out that creep with the beard and the long hair- I thought..no way, she can't be checking him out...but she was..yuck, how could she be attracted to that dude? I can see Mark Walburg-in that tight black shirt, but come one, the other guys were nasty. Allthough, Allyssa Milano character was a total sleaze...I could not believe she was doing what she was doing, when Reese looked in the window, when they were in a room full of people..what is up with that, that was one of the grossest things. I did feel bad for her though, but talk about hanging with the wrong crowd.

It was kind of cool that "Nicole" had the little ankle socks and high heels on at the beginning of the movie and a dress-that was more 80's style than 90's.

The part that freaked me out was when he snapped the guy's neck in the woods-that just was awful.

It was pretty cool that the Dad just happened to be a high tech architect and designed a house that was almost invincible-but not quite.

When the little boy crawls out and goes to call 911- that was pretty scary.

The whole end when they are trying to get in the house, that is freaky.

I liked the Dad- William Peterson, I thought he did a good acting job.

I can't believe that movie is 9 years old already. "Nicole" was talking about when she was 6 years old in 1985 (in the movie)..and was going to a James Taylor concert with her Dad.

The only thing about it that bugged me was that Laura (Amy Brenneman) she was calling "Nicole" all kinds of names, and trying to get her to listen to the rules, and she acted like the Dad wasn't tough enough on her, but then she turned and it was like she let her get away with everything, and was mad at the Dad for trying to keep David away from her.

The dumbest thing was after "Nicole" realizes that David is crazy, you'd think the first thing she'd say was ...hey he has the code, and can walk through the secured door any time he feels like it. But...I guess that's why it's a movie.

Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
jlp, I was invited backstage after one of his concerts. I was in the front row and he kept looking at me. Before I left the theater, I was approached by his bodyguard and told that Mark wanted to meet me and my two friends. I met him and we talked and he was so great. He invited us to NYC three weeks later to see him. We kind of developed a friendship/acquaintence thing from there on out. Whenever he was doing a show in NY, PA or nearby, he would tell us and we'd go. It was an insane year and a half [Razz] .

We had the best time. We stayed in the same hotels as he did. We went to concerts and had front row seats or VIP passes. It was crazy! We got to know his whole entourage and we were treated like gold wherever we went.

Once the music ended, he started doing movies. I basically saw him here and there in NY whenever he was doing press for a film. One of the last times I saw him, he actually came over to my hotel room and just hung out for awhile. I haven't seen him since 2001. Where I'm at in my life now is just so different from where I was back then.

Regardless, I will always have the utmost respect for him and all the great times he showed me and my friends. I mean, not too many guys in modern day society would go out of their way to help a geek like me...hahahahaha...it's true.

WOW! You are my new hero. That is so cool. I had THE biggest crush on him. Before that I was in LOVE with Donnie Wahlberg (of NKOTB fame). What a spunky family!!! I was literally obsessed with both of them. Do you have any photos of you two hanging out?

I have to admit, on the weekend, a local station was having an 80's/90's weekend and "Good Vibrations" came on. I absolutely pumped it. I still love that song

Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched this movie again this afternoon, cause my mom never saw it, and I thought she might like it.

She said: " why did that girl get in the car and go with that boy, she didn't even know him".

Anyway....the music in it is really cool...the scary kind of background pounding music when they show him stalking her and being a creep...I actually like that kind of heart pounding music, it really adds to the suspense.

I like watching movies over because you pick up things that were unanswered the first time. Like I wasn't sure where Nicole's mother was, and who's kid Toby actually was.

That scene where "David" punches himself in the chest...that was pretty nutty, and disturbing.

My mom thought Alyssa Milano was ugly, and you know I looked at her again and she didn't look none too good in this movie, I tried to explain that she was Tony Danza's daughter in Who's the Boss?, but that didn't help her out any.
She actually has seen better days...but I think she was suppose to look kind of sleazy and grungy, but that is a look I can't go for, the one where you look like you haven't washed your hair in a month...ick.

It is a good thriller movie...I think. My mom didn't even think it was scary. Oh well.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh...Miss Mancini, there is a scene where David and Nicole kiss at the beginning, I don't know where they are sitting, it looks like some kind of bench, it is when she is telling him about her Dad and her childhood and he is telling her about his, her hair color and the way she looked in that scene, I thought she looked like she could have been your sister...maybe they cast her for that movie cause Marky Mark said she reminded him of someone else..... [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Wink]
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Isis, you are hilarious! You just made my night [Smile] ! I thought Reese was really pretty in this. I loved her makeup and hair. Hahaha. I'm glad you liked the movie. I think it's pretty damn cool. There are only a few 90's teen movies I can stand. Fear is one of them along with Clueless, Cruel Intentions and now, Blown Away (lol!).

Anna, thanks for responding to my post [Smile] ! So you were a big NKOTB fan? That's cool. I met Joe and Jordan first, like 2 years before I met Mark. They were always great. I actually saw Joe this past October when he was doing the show Wicked on Broadway.

Anyways, the second time I hung out with Mark, we were in NYC and both Marky and the Kids were performing at this charity telethon they were involved with. The first night of it, only the press were allowed on the main floor of the theater. Because Mark invited us, we were allowed to sit there too. Everyone else was on the second level in the balcony. So Mark's doing "Wildside" and he sees me sitting there with all these camera guys and he just stops and looks over and smiles like "look at you sitting there with all these press people jamming away." I think he got a kick out of it. So once he was done, he walked right over and sat in the seat next to me. We just talked for a few minutes and watched some other people perform like Perfect Gentlemen and Brenda K. Starr. It was a really sweet moment.

In the middle of this, Donnie comes walking up the aisle with their Mom, Alma. Donnie starts talking to Mark but Mark cut him off right in the middle and starts introducing me to the two of them. It was sureal. I remember thinking, Mark is introducing me to Donnie, this is insane. It was just a big deal back then cause they were sooo huge and everywhere you went there were girls freaking out trying to get next to them and here I am, sitting there like a little dork thinking how the hell did this happen?? [Razz]

Ahh, great memories [Big Grin] . I am going to try and get some pics scanned so I can post them.

[ 04. May 2005, 17:45: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

How does one "Jam" to Wildside?

Poor Little Tiffany.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Okay, maybe I wasn't jamming but instead groovin', you know? You had to be there Devo [Wink] .
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Isis, you are hilarious! You just made my night [Smile] ! I thought Reese was really pretty in this. I loved her makeup and hair. Hahaha. I'm glad you liked the movie. I think it's pretty damn cool. There are only a few 90's teen movies I can stand. Fear is one of them along with Clueless, Cruel Intentions and now, Blown Away (lol!).

Anna, thanks for responding to my post [Smile] ! So you were a big NKOTB fan? That's cool. I met Joe and Jordan first, like 2 years before I met Mark. They were always great. I actually saw Joe this past October when he was doing the show Wicked on Broadway.

Anyways, the second time I hung out with Mark, we were in NYC and both Marky and the Kids were performing at this charity telethon they were involved with. The first night of it, only the press were allowed on the main floor of the theater. Because Mark invited us, we were allowed to sit there too. Everyone else was on the second level in the balcony. So Mark's doing "Wildside" and he sees me sitting there with all these camera guys and he just stops and looks over and smiles like "look at you sitting there with all these press people jamming away." I think he got a kick out of it. So once he was done, he walked right over and sat in the seat next to me. We just talked for a few minutes and watched some other people perform like Perfect Gentlemen and Brenda K. Starr. It was a really sweet moment.

In the middle of this, Donnie comes walking up the aisle with their Mom, Alma. Donnie starts talking to Mark but Mark cut him off right in the middle and starts introducing me to the two of them. It was sureal. I remember thinking, Mark is introducing me to Donnie, this is insane. It was just a big deal back then cause they were sooo huge and everywhere you went there were girls freaking out trying to get next to them and here I am, sitting there like a little dork thinking how the hell did this happen?? [Razz]

Ahh, great memories [Big Grin] . I am going to try and get some pics scanned so I can post them.

Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home