iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Movie of the day--Untamed Heart

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the day--Untamed Heart
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't know what made me think of this one today but I wanted to do something from 1993 so here goes....

Adam is a young man who believes he has a baboon heart. He was told this story by the nuns at the orphanage he was raised at. He meets and falls in love with Caroline, he also has a sick heart. He actually believes that if he gets a heart transplant it will change his love for Caroline.

I can totally relate to Caroline in this flick. She is a girl that just wants to find love and does anything for the one she is with and always gets dumped on. Wow, that sounds so like me!!! Anyway, she finds love with Adam and then he dies, now that is so sad. This is an absolute tear jerker in my book and a must see for anyone who has a romantic heart.

I remember seeing this at the movies and blubbering all of the way out. I worked at a video store at the time this came out and it came out the same time that Benny and Joon did, which I haven't ever seen. However I always relate these two films because of the time frame that they came out.

Does anyone have anything that they would like to share about this movie?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like this movie too. I never understand the whole baboon heart transplant thing though, cause he did have a huge scar, and died, so he definately had something done.

I love when he rescues her from being raped by those 2 jerks.

I can not stand Rosie Perez though...she is probably the most annoying actress ever, infact I thought about that once...about who gets on everyone's nerves in movies, and she does it for me. I hate her voice, it drives me crazy.

I definately like Marisa Tomei's character in it.

Has anyone seen her in the current Hanes commercials, she still looks exactly the same, she might even look better.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He had several surgeries when he was younger that is why he had the scar. The sisters told him about the baboon heart so that he would feel special in a different way and not weird because he was sick.

Yeah Rosie's voice makes your ears feel like they are bleeding.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think their idea was with good intentions...but a baboon heart being special...I think they should have thought something else up.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another Chick Flick, but it's a good movie. Slater and Tomei make a nice couple and his record collection was vintage.

The part about the baboon king heart was touching and very cool.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a story you tell a young kid to help him not be afraid of his scar and being different. I like that part of movie.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah I have to say that I am definately not a Slater Fan. His acting and looks just turn me off, I can't quite pin point it but this probablly would be my favorite role for him.

I like the premise behind the movie that it shows that people can be different and it is okay.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home