iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Movie of the Day-Total Recall

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day-Total Recall
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought this in the 2/$11 dollar bin at Wal-Mart. I must say that I love the idea of this film. It sucessfully took you back and forth throughout the film was it a real situation or a created memory. I like the idea of traveling to Mars to, there haven't been any other films that I am aware of that really showed life like that on Mars, so that was interesting.

I remember seeing this at the movie theater, we had to see it twice so that we could catch everything. I cannot stand the guy that played the doctor guy with the annoying voice who ended up getting it between the eyes. He was just so annoying to me for some reason.

Did anyone else like this Arnold Schwarzenegger flick from 1990?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pick jlp, definately one of my favorite Arnold movies and sci-fi movies in general.
Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I never understood the end. I like the movie though.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that the 'not understanding the end' bit was part of the plan. There have been endless debates as to what the real deal was: was he really an agent, and the story played as is? Or was the whole story his mind-trip, and after the first 30 seconds nothing real actually happened?

Interesting thought.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ive said it before and ill say it again...
This is a superb movie.Arnies best in my opinion.Terminatot always came 2nd for me.
I love the whole ''did it happen or not feeling of the''movie.One of the best scenes has to be where that little baldin' dude tries to convince Big A to take that tablet 'cos he's technically dreaming the whole thing.I was like..oh my god this has been on over an hour and nothing is real!!!Fantastic stuff,of course Arnie shoots little man for being bald,I mean for sweating in a ''im lying to you kinda way''.
Superb piece of sci-fi.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And yes I just invented the word 'Terminatot'.
Patent pending. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great sci-fi action flick. I have the DVD that came in the red round tin can that looks like Mars.
My favorite part was when he was dressed like that fat woman and he removes the mask and it is a bomb and he throws it at the guy and runs.
I also liked Johhny Cab!
Michael Ironsides has always been one of my favorite character actors. I thought he did great as the bad guy.
And what about the chick with three boobies?!? That was just wierd.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good sci-fi action flick!

It was based on a novel by futurist writer Philip K. D|ck, who wrote several original stories that later became movies: Blade Runner, Paycheck, Minority Report, etc.

And does anyone here think that the "Cuato" character is somewhat inspired from "Yoda" in the Star Wars movies? [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smayt 'Terminatot' is that Terminator should never make fun of a Kindergarten Cop or Viceversa.

I remember "Total Recall" when it first came out. It's a definite mind twist and it's special effects were cool for its time. Plus the story is so confusing you decide to just enjoy the ride after awhile.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quato--mutant wiseman living in a man's stomach. What was that all about?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's all about the whacky!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do you think you can handle that?"

"Yes Sir!"

"Good. 'cos otherwise I'll erase yer ***!"

[Frown]

Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home