iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Sea of Love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sea of Love
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is probably one of my favorite Al Pacino movies, aside from Dog Day Afternoon.

I thought it was really suspenseful. It is one I can watch over and over, and I really liked it.

What did anyone else think of it?? I have thought about watching it again soon.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did I like about it? 2 Words = Ellen Barkin

Good movie

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sea Of Love" came out in 1989. It's an 80s movie. It should be discussed on the 80s board. It's incongruous here. Isis, you're an 80s person. I thought you would be more aware of that.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steady there Rock... Lets be havin' some winking smilies to friendly up that sarcasm eh?

We don't want to scare everyone on your first day back now, do we? [Wink]

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah chill pill time there dude.
But anyway... SEA OF LOVE is an excellent movie.It kinda marked a good comeback for Pacino.
And lets be honest,every film since this one has been a tour de force by the little man.
HOO-HA

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wasn't sure when it actually came out. I thought it was the 90's, cause I remember I meet my husband in September 1989, and he and I watched it together, and it seemed like it had been alot longer down the road from the time we meet that we saw it.

No wonder it was one I liked then. I actually thought it was more along the lines of 91 or 92. Oh well....I probably did see it in the 90's for the first time, because I didn't see it at the movies.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See now I'm having difficulty reading you Isis. I would NEVER expect you to like this movie. I remember seeing it in theaters with my parents, I was 7. I don't remember much, but I do remember that it had a scene or 2 that boosted me into puberty. [Eek!] [Embarrassed]
Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
You were 7...holy cow, that movie was not appropriate for a 7 year old, I hope it didn't scar you for life- [Eek!] . Some of those scenes with Al Pacino and Ellen Barkin were so "intense"...I am not saying that I don't like movies that have sex, or even violence in them-if they are right for that movie, but when that's all they have going in the movie, and there isn't any story line, and all it is ..is sex and violence then I don't wanna watch it.

But, I love 80's teen movies like The Last American Virgin, and horror movies like Friday the 13th.

I know it is hard to follow, but there really is a certain "kind" of movie I don't like, and that tends to be anything made in the past 10 years.

It is the quality of acting, the bad story lines, the fact that they either make a sequel to a bad movie, or remake a tv show, those don't appeal to me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home