iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Sleeping with the Enemy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sleeping with the Enemy
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it last night, it was on the FOX channel.

I remember when it came out at the movies I really liked it. I still do. But boy is it kind of cheesy in the acting department.

The part where the lady calls up to talk to her husband, and says she's from the YWCA, and says about how Laura learned to swim, what a tip off that she is alive.

Also, Julia Roberts mother in the movie looked about 87 years old. And Julia was only in her early 20's when she did the movie, so I always wondered when her mother had her.

The music in it is pretty cool, I like back ground music that sets a tone to a movie.

Of course I love the "Brown Eyed Girl" song and dance.

My favorite part is when she sees the towels are neat and straight, and then goes to the cupboard-and it is perfect, and she realizes he is there.

I like when she calls the police, and says "come quick I just killed an intruder". He looks shocked. Too bad for him.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sfreak
Master Rewinder
Member # 3922

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sfreak   Email 80'sfreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that movie isis. It is pretty chessy but I remember going to see it in the theater with my father. I to love the brown eyed girl dance segment!! And my favorite part is the end when she sees all the cans perfectly straight and freaks out!! I remember seeing it in the theater and everybody started screaming and clapping when she shot him. Very early julia roberts but still one of my favorite movies she did. I had it on vhs but dont anymore. Gotta get that one back.

80'sfreak

Posts: 111 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah I caught a little bit of it last night too. It is in my DVD collection. I loved the little house that she moved into, it was so cute. I thought that she and Patrick Bergin weren't really matched well together, but both did good jobs. Kevin Anderson as Ben was nice, but boy he needed a hair cut bad!

"When your a jet your a jet--bababa"

I remember seeing this one at the movies to with my high school boyfriend, I hadn't heard anything about it really and was very surprised at how good it was. It was kind of stupid to have the woman from the YWCA call and say she just wanted to let him know how sorry she was of her passing, but how else were they going to make him think that she was still alive out there somewhere?

I love the ending shot where they show him dead on the floor and then show her wedding ring on the floor. Very well laid out movie, can't go wrong when you shoot in warm months!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Jess, that totally reminded me...how come..in every scary movie,as soon as you get the gun and shoot the bad guy, everyone always drops the gun or the knife. Like, hasn't anyone learned, that they are never dead the first time around?

Don't let go of the weapon!!

Kevin Anderson did need a hair cut bad. He wasn't much help in the end, he got konked out immediately.

I love her house too, actually it is alot like my own house, I even have almost the exact carpet and set up in my hallway as that house does in the movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whenever I kill someone who has been stalking me for an hour and forty five minutes I always make sure to cut their head off. Because in every horror flick I've ever seen except for THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE the person gets "killed" and is never really dead. Cut the head off and carry it around with you ala CLASH OF THE TITANS Harry Hamlin with the Medusa head. Works like a charm.
I remember when I saw SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY all my feminist notions went out the window. I didnt think the husband was that bad! She didnt have to work, she had beautiful beachfront property...so what if she had to alphabetize cans???

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well, I think it was more along the lines that he beat the crap out of her, and kicked her in the leg. The YWCA woman said "Is your wife a gymnast", and he said no, and she says "that's odd, that's where she said she got all those terrible bruises". So, I think he was completely abusive.

I mean I could over look a little obsessive compulsive disorder myself.....but he was extremely jealous too, he didn't want her to even leave the house.

Remember he goes and talks to the doctor, and he comes back and says about him being good looking, and wanted to know when he was in their house, cause he said he had been "admiring" his house. That's what set him off, just that little bit to whack her a good one.

I did read where..during that scene, he was suppose to kick a sand bag between her legs and he missed and actually kicked her a good one.

I believe in beheading the crazy killer too. I was actually shocked in The Hand that Rocks the Cradle that they didn't make a sequel to it, I love that movie, they haven't released it on DVD yet either, and it was a big hit.

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on dvd! (HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE) Try AMAZON on EBAY
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both Sleeping with The Enemy and The Hand That Rocks The Cradle are good movies. The brown eyed girl sequence is way cool. As a person that has been semi-stalked before, it is a very scary situations. Run Valley Run!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Hmmmm. don't you mean for someone that has stalked someone else you can relate... [Razz]

Your running in the wrong direction. [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home