iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Cherry Falls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cherry Falls
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this movie is a guilty pleasure for me. did anyone else like it?

it's a cheesy horror/comedy with brittney murphy as a highschool teen, who's fellow classmates are being hacked off 1 by 1,....for being virgins! [Eek!]

it's not a movie you take seriously, and reminds me of something right out of the 80s.

there's a scene in the movie where the cherry falls teens hold a "pop your cherry" ball...a big party they throw in order to lose their innocense to keep from becoming a victim to the creepy slasher.

fun flick [Smile]
 -

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sounds cool. Never heard of this one.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not a bad film, kind of funny. I was just thinking that it was filmed in Queensland, but as I was typing, I realised that was Darkness Falls with Emma Caulfield.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember wanting to see this because DJ Qualls from Roadtrip had a part in it. It has been so long ago since I saw it but I did like it when I saw it. I think it was actually out in like 2000 or 2001. I also cannot believe how skinny Brittany Murphy has been in everything that she has been in since Clueless.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this movie with a bunch of friends when it came out, and I happened to be the only one who didn't like it. Call me critical, but it just didn't do anything for me - not even in a 'friday night/fun flick' kinda way.

I take movies for what they are, and admittedly it does have some good moments of comedy and jump scares. However, 'Cherry Falls' as a whole just lacks that something that would make me want to watch it again. It was kinda forgetful, although "not as bad" as some of the recent horror movies I have seen.

One of the deaths in the movie did remind of 'Prom Night' though - with squishy sound effects and everything. That was quite fun to see again. Other than that, I couldn't find anything else to make me give it the thumbs up. Maybe I'm just not a huuuge fan of horror, I don't know.

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home