iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Buffy The Vampire Slayer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buffy The Vampire Slayer
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know most of you have seen Buffy the Vampire Slayer, such a campy 90s flick, almost felt like it was from the 80s. So I was wondering, what do you guys like more, Buffy the movie starring Kristy Swanson, or Buffy the series starring Sarah Michelle Gellar? I enjoy watching the movie mostly because of the campiness and Donald Sutherland who is always great, but I would have liked it more without Luke Perry. I watched the series for the first 4 years, but haven't seen much of it since. The series was wonderful I thought, they really tried to make it different from the film. They succedded if you ask me. So I guess I'd pick the series over the movie anyday. What about you?
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Bridgette Marie
Master Rewinder
Member # 88

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bridgette Marie   Email Bridgette Marie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the movie WAY more. The t.v show was manufactured junk and was too boring to keep my attention. I've maybe watched it twice. Plus, Kristy Swanson is way hotter than Sarah Michelle. I dont mean to sound superficial, but Sarah has a weird nose. Have u ever noticed that?
Posts: 228 | Registered: Nov 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Her nose may be kinda ooogly and all, but the series(especially in the first two seasons)has had great storylines and interesting characters.I thought the cast blended well, that is until the third or fourth season,then I just quit watching. I just can't watch the movie and see stupid Luke Perry and his wrinkley forhead trying to James Dean and Jack Nicolson impressions for 90 minutes. He sux. But you're right Krist Swanson is very pretty. She was in a ton of 80s filx, but never got the recognition she deserved. She always played campy roles. Did you ever see her and Charlie Sheen in The Chase? Thats exactly why she has no Oscars!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember I was so hyped for this movie back in the days...until I saw it that is (Rutger Hauer and Donald Sutherland...talk about a waste of talent!) I've always said that Kristy Swansons better in every way than SMG I mean just watch her performance in flowers in the attic or even in higher learning.

As for The Chase? well like Charlie Sheen once said "any of my movies with THE in the title is f***ing s***te!"

saw Buffy again the other day (its one of those bad movies that just "suck" you in) and noticed breif cameos from then unknowns Ben Affleck and Hilary Swank!

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Wow, I never noticed Ben Afleck in that movie. Doesn't matter though, I never really thought he was a good actor. He has his moments, but he just seems so fake. Hilary Swank on the otherhand, aside from her role in "The Next Karate Kid"(which should have never been made!)is a great actress. She is very believable in all of her roles, that I have seen. I just dismiss "The Next Karate Kid" because there was no Daniel Larusso. I mean C'mon man Danielsan WAS the franchise, he WAS "The Karate Kid"! Right? Anyway, remember when he was in "My Cousin Vinny"? good flick....
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah My Cousin Vinny was a good movie; Joe Pesci and Marisa Tomei are 2 of my favourites and even Ralph Macchio was good in that.

As for Ben Affleck? I reckon he's a good actor (re: Chasing Amy, Goodwill Hunting) and who'd have thought Hilary could make the jump from lame TVMs to an astounding performace in the highly disturbing boys dont cry...youre right about the execs flogging a franchise till people just cant stand it anymore, TNKK is the exact reason why they shouldn't make Lost Boys 2!

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
I agree Kash! No Lost Boys 2 should be made. I heard thet were remaking it into The Lost Girls? Is that what you were refering to? Either way they should just leave it alone! They need to stay away from Goonies 2 also! I don't care if the entire cast who happen to be in their 30s are coming back! Goonies is a classic 80s flick! Just leave it alone!!!
Jeannie
Master Rewinder
Member # 260

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jeannie   Email Jeannie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys, but back to the subject, this on'es close to my heart so I've gotta talk about it. I love Buffy, I'm a coplete addict, it started with the film and grew once the series started. I love the film it's clueless with vampires, it's a classic. Kirsty Swanson is great, and so is Luke Perry, it's the only thing I've ever liked him in. Plus ithas one of my all time fave's - David Arquette!
The series has wandered too far into Dawson's creek teritory lately, but it's still great. Apart from the odd moral tale that they slip in, the series is great fun, very witty, and watching a little girl beat up big demons is great when you're a shortarse like me! BRING ON BUFFY! She's my hero whoever plays her!

Posts: 119 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2002 | Site Updates: 0  | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home