iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Napolean dies?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Napolean dies?
Doomtrooper
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3615

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Doomtrooper   Email Doomtrooper       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there's a vicious rumer going around that Napolean Dynamite star Jon Heder died in a car crash recently. Could this be true? My instincts say no, but I've heard the same rumer from several different sources. I checked for any actual news stories on the subject, and found nothing, so don't panic, yet, but if anyone knows anything on the subject, please let me know.

Doomy

Posts: 55 | From: Ice Tundra, Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there's no news stories about it that you can find, it's a rumor. Chances are if it really happened, we'd hear about it from a legitimate source.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The guy who played Pedro was on a talk show this week telling about the movie and how they are planning on doing anothe one. He would have mentioned it if it were true.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doomtrooper
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3615

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Doomtrooper   Email Doomtrooper       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The guy who played Pedro was on a talk show this week telling about the movie and how they are planning on doing anothe one. He would have mentioned it if it were true.

Oh, alka seltzer (what a relief it is!). Another Nappy Dynamite movie, oooh- can't wait!

quote:
Originally posted by Obscurus Lupa:
Chances are if it really happened, we'd hear about it from a legitimate source.

Tru dat, the only thing that kept me from believing it was that if it happened, I would have heard it already, and it would be all over the news.

Doomy

Posts: 55 | From: Ice Tundra, Minnesota | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this movie and I just don't see the appeal. The main reason I wanted to see it was because of the 80s feel that it had to it. Maybe I need to sit down and watch it again and pay closer attention to it. My friend's kids love to watch it all of the time.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doomtrooper
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3615

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by jlp937:
I saw this movie and I just don't see the appeal. Maybe I need to sit down and watch it again and pay closer attention to it.

No, honestly, you need to pay less attention to it! It's better the second time through, because you already know there's no plot and no deep, profound point to it. I thought it was dumb the first time, then I loved it. It's sort of like a joke with a lot of set up, but no punch line. No, it's a trip without a destination. If you do watch it again, don't try to get anything out of it, just enjoy the ride [Cool]

Doomy

Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know those movies that are funny to talk about, funny to impersonate certain characters, and extremely funny to recite catchy lines from, but to actually sit down and watch the movie it's not really that funny? Is this one of those? Perfect example of this: Office space. Hilarious movie, probably because we can all relate someone we've worked with in our past to one of the office coworkers in the movie, whether it's the boss who slept with your girlfriend, the workers that are constantly trying to get back at the system, the guy or girl that's always getting the shaft but probably does the most work, etc. etc. However, when you actually sit down and watch this movie, it's borderline dumb. Ya with me?
Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know EXACTLY what you mean! I think this is what Napoleon Dynamite is. I saw it in theaters and thought, ". . . Er, okay." I didn't know what everyone was raving about. Then after it was released on DVD I'd forgotten most everything about it and everyone kept quoting it and I was like, "Was I watching the same movie? This is hilarious stuff!" I watched it again (at least the end) and it had it's moments, but it was the same kind of ". . . Er, okay." movie.

But Office Space was never funny to me. [Wink]

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Fat   Email Fat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once you get a few office jobs under your belt. You'll start relating certain people to that movie. It's not that it's a funny movie, it's more one of those movies where I found myself laughing because it was so ridiculously on point. But yeah, it's a love it or hate it type of movie. [Wink]
Posts: 180 | From: Nor. Cal 510 | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
Meh, once I get any job maybe I'll find myself appreciating more comedy. [Wink] But yeah. Office Space never appealed to me.
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
Yes, any job will broaden your comedic repertoire. You know what movie I haven't seen though is....hmmm....Little Monsters?

<dodges projectiles from all directions>
[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
Hey, it's by no means a cinematic masterpiece--If you don't want to watch Little Monsters, I'm not gonna hurt you. [Wink] Although you don't need to've had a job to get the humor as it's a KIDS MOVIE. [Razz] You don't need to work in an office to get fart, pee, and poop jokes. [Wink] Although that's not what most of the jokes are in the movie. O.o Well, it's easy to get, "Let me show you around . . . Let me show you straight."
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
Hey, stop being so nice and defend your movie, I would. [Wink] It's on my to see list, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
I'll be waiting. [Wink] OR ELSE.

Dun dun dun DUUUUUN!!

thischoolsucks
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1178

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thischoolsucks   Email thischoolsucks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this movie was HORRENDOUS...not a damn thing funny about it. Every castmember tried way too hard and I'm sick of people raving about how "brilliant" this movie is. Oh yeah, Pedro was a riot, he just sat there and muttered nonsensically...genius. I damn near fell asleep at this train-wreck, borefest of a movie. People assume that just because this is an "indie" movie with an "eccentric" character, it's going to be promising, and I honestly think half the "fans" have led themselves to believe that. Oh well, just what I think. Bring on the bitching.
Posts: 84 | From: Philadelphia, PA, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no need to bitch you out, just like you said, it's just what you think..and lupa too. it's not a movie one can argue on how brilliant it is, it either made you laugh or it didn't. of course, for ppl who hated the movie, seem to crap all over it's popularity. i didn't like pulp fiction or natural born killers, but i don't assume anything as to why fans of those movies like them. to each their own.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in regards to Office Space...

quote:
Originally posted by Fat:
Once you get a few office jobs under your belt. You'll start relating certain people to that movie. It's not that it's a funny movie, it's more one of those movies where I found myself laughing because it was so ridiculously on point. But yeah, it's a love it or hate it type of movie. [Wink]

couldn't agree more with that.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat
Master Rewinder
Member # 2334

Member Rated:
Hmmm...I never liked Pulp Fiction either. Actually, I'm a harsher critic on Tarantino flicks because people portray him as a God.

I finally saw Napolean D. I thought it was a decent movie, nothing exceptional, but decent. It's one of those movies that I could've lived without seeing, but it's also one of those movies that could end up having a category about it on Jeopardy and with my luck the daily double would be in this category. So, for that reason alone, it was a worthwhile experience.

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I watched this again a few weeks ago and I actually got to listen to the whole thing and I thought it was pretty darn funny! That kid only got paid like 1,000 dollars for the role. He has like 5 other works in production now, I can't wait to see how he really is, unless he is playing similar characters.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home