iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » In honor of Ground Hog's Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In honor of Ground Hog's Day
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since this National Holiday is coming up soon- Feb. 2nd....since this was my hometown, that I grew up in and talk about constantly, and since there is a movie made about it, and Bill Murray even came to our hometown with Harold Ramis, I thought I would show a picture from my hometown, This is a Phantastic Phil, and this one was done by my extremely artistic sister-in-law, and I thought I'd share it with everyone. They have them all over town now, anyone can do one, if they submit an entry. They are made out of Fiberglass and are taller than a person. But my sister-in-law did 2, since she has painted many murals around town, and her artwork is now a tourist attraction.

I definately love the movie Ground Hog Day, if you haven't seen it, I lived it, and I highly recommend it.

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To bad the movie was actually filmed in Woodstock, Illinois. But I agree the movie is very funny and just recently purchased it myself.

The town where my parents live(Detroit Lakes, Minnesota) does something simillar where instead of Painted up Groundhohs all over town they did it with sunfish. Pretty cool idea I think.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone see a new commercial...I can't even remember what it was for, but there is a groundhog chasing another all black groundhog, and they knock each other over in the laundry mat, and they look like mascots, and it says something about will the Groundhog ever catch up to his shadow??? It was so hilarious. I thought, this has got to be the best commerical I have seen in 10 years, and I only saw it once.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Here's the other Phantastic Phil my sister-in-law did:

-

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
My brother made his Goggles!! [Big Grin] [Cool] [Big Grin]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Groundhog Day is on Wednesday. We were just watching a special on the PBS channel, all about Groundhog's Day and my hometown. It is getting bigger and bigger every year. They get about 30,000 people from all over the world for the 3 day celebration surrounding the holiday. I saw my sister-in-law's artwork on the TV show, I was hoping maybe I'd see her and my brother, but I didn't see all of it. But, I thought I'd say Happy Groundhog Day to everyone, incase I forgot, and incase anyone else sees stuff about it on TV from now until then, you can say you saw it here first- [Wink]

Try this tongue twister..

How much wood could a wood chuck chuck
if a wood chuck could chuck wood. [Confused] [Big Grin] [Cool]

Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis, you asked -
"How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?"

Well, a woodchuck would chuck what a woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Plus you said
quote:
I definately love the movie Ground Hog Day, if you haven't seen it, I lived it, and I highly recommend it.

Does this mean you lived the same day over and over again? Did you get bored, or did you take the opportunity to watch Pretty in Pink every day?
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those of us in Pennsylvania like myself will fortuantely have the option of seeing the ceremony on the state cable network later in the evening. The first Groundhog day I can remember was from kindergarten in 1988, which was one of the few years he didn't see his shadow.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
No Stitch...I was never ever bored, that was the cool thing, and Bill Murray didn't seem to be either, after he figured out that he could do anything he wanted in that same day. Remember he ended up loving it so much there at the end, that he decided to move there.

I only ever went up to Gobbler's Knob my senior year in high school (1986)- we had gotten groups of foreign exchange students for the weekend, to come hang out and see what it was all about. I had a blast that weekend. We went to the Country Club for dinner. They went to school with us, we got out for a pep rally, we all went to a basketball game together. We went to see Youngblood at the movies, and we went to a party at one of the girls houses. It was alot of fun. We all play volleyball. It was cool cause I got to hang out with some of the kids I wasn't close friends with and got to know them better.

When I watched the thing on PBS last night, it is amazing how big it has gotten. They do a huge fireworks display, and throw big balloon things out for the people to hit around. You have to be at Gobbler's Knob between 4-5am, to be there before the sun comes up. It is a "goofy" tradition, but now it is something that is known world wide, and the fact a movie was made out of it, is pretty cool.

A friend of mine from high school, he is kind of in the entertainment industry- he helped on the movie set, and him and his brother hung out with Bill Murray and Harold Ramis.

I am going to be watching the movie. I think it is a really cute movie, even if I hadn't lived there. I highly recommend it.

It kind of bums me out, because that's my town I have all my childhood memories from. I barely ever went anywhere outside that town as a kid, and I feel like I didn't miss out on anything, and that I had a great childhood.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Happy Groundhog Day!!!

I just watched it Live on TV, and Phil saw his shadow, so there will be 6 more weeks of winter.

It sure feels like it here, it is cold!

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tell Phil thanks....it's snowing here now!

Btw, this seems like Deja vu. [Razz]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Quit playing "I got you Babe", over and over- [Razz]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home