iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Pulp Fiction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pulp Fiction
Sheriff J.W. Pepper
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me the only good Quentin Tarantino movie,no matter what you think of it this movie made a huge impact in the 90s.Some of my fav quotes

JULES.. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee

Vincent:I ain't saying it's right. But you're saying a foot massage don't mean nothing, and I'm saying it does. Now look, I've given a million ladies a million foot massages, and they all meant something. We act like they don't, but they do, and that's what's so ****ing cool about them. There's a sensuous thing going on where you don't talk about it, but you know it, she knows it, ****ing Marsellus knew it, and Antoine should have ****ing known better. I mean, tht's his ****ing wife, man, he can't be expected to have a sense of humor about that ****. You know what I'm saying?
[Big Grin]

| Site Updates: IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is definitely a personal '90s favorite on many levels.

Dialog: outstanding
Casting: inspired
Soundtrack: unconventional, intriguing

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheriff J.W. Pepper
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good points from a brillant movie HipsterMom27
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely love this movie and Jules is one of my favorite characters of all time, and I agree the dialog is outstanding. This movie should have won the Oscar that year instead of Forest Gump.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Sam, stupid is as stupid does...PF was too out-there for the mainstream Academy voters, like a lot of independents. They couldn't ignore its success that year, but Gump...please?!
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked this movie too. I liked when Travolta came out of the bathroom and Bruce Willis has the gun pointed at him and then the toast pops out of the toaster and Bruce lets him have it.
Christopher Walken was funny in the movie too. The scene about the watch was hillarious.

Speaking of Christopher Walken, isn't that guy just the coolest? He always has some of the best lines. Did anyone see The Rundown where he gave the "Tooth Fairy" speech. That was so funny. And what about the Fatboy SLim music video where Walken does some smooth dancing? And don't forget...he was Zorin, a James Bond movie villain in the '80s. He's just too cool.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walken is one of my many heroes. "At Close Range" is his best performance in my opinion. Very Evil!
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yawn
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vincent Vega was the man! he had a cool car, he kept a gun on him & he even went to AMSTERDAM!!!!(now if he aint a Hot Boy then what do you call that!)

"We Should Have Shotguns For This Deal"

"AWWW MAN! I Shot Marvin In The Face"

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, did I break your concentration? Or were you done? Well, then allow me to retort!
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROYALE WITH CHEESE
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched the last part of this again last night. What I like about it is how Tarantino jumped around and then the story still came together so well. I would think that that kind of film would be difficult to pull off. Definately one that you have to watch a couple times to get all of what is going on.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't watched my copy of "Pulp Fiction" all the way through yet (and yes, I have one...I need to open up to non-80s movies as well), but what I've seen of it I've liked. It's very dense, though. The dialogue, the editing and the imagery are so thick and furious that it's hard to tell how to interpret the movie.

Sorta O/T:

Taking a dive into the waters of pre-and-post-80s movies (and actually wanting to get some titles to review for the inevitable 90s Movies Rewind), I grabbed a copy of "Red Line 9000" (a title from Quentin Tarantino's short-lived Rolling Thunder Films line of cult classics). I also grabbed 3 90s movies:

-"The Grifters"
-"Kalifornia" (I'm a Juliette Lewis mark)
-"The Gun In Betty Lou's Handbag" (The one odd duck in this bunch)

Strangest of all is that I picked up all 4 of these titles at my local CVS pharmacy and they were relatively dirt-cheap at $9.99 each.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie was awesome. It was a fresh, raw, beautifully crafted script and plot. The violence was sometimes a bit much for me but I just closed my eyes. And Mr Travolta...what a comeback?! He owned that role and proved that cool has no age limit. He then made some big bucks with Get Shorty, Broken Arrow & Swordfish (to name a few). The soundtrack was a totally eclectic combination of soulful, fun & Funky tunes. I loved this movie.
Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home