iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 90's Movies » Waynes World...discuss

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waynes World...discuss
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Waynes World last night....this is a classic, which will go down as being one of the cult/iconic films of the 90's, it captures the humour and represents the 90's pretty well, as does Bill and Ted.....duuuuuude!

There are so many lines that have been and are still quoted from WW, and this if nothing else, makes it worthy of discussion....what do you make of Waynes World.....discuss

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up the DVD 2-pack so I'm excited about watching these modern-day classics.

WW & WW2 are just loaded with great lines for dropping in appropriate conversations.

~Ribbed for her pleasure

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Trash4130   Email Trash4130   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice one angel,youve only gone and giving one of my fave films a shout out! i think it truely is one of the best films of the 90s! its definitely mike my****'s best film! it has everything a comedy means, but better, its one of those films that almost everything said in it is funny! any line could be quoted and no matter who you know or who you meet, im sure if you quoted a line from the film theyd know what your going on about and not think your mental!

A gun rack.a gun rack. I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack. What am I gonna do..with a gun rack? gennnius

Posts: 77 | From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed the first one. Haven't seen the second one.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trash - I knew you'd love Waynes World....if only for the "go then...I'm gone...go then...ok I'm gone...go then"... bit (all very familiar haha) [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cruising to Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" is classic.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movies, although I don't think I've seen all of the second one. They're hilarious, though.

Mike Myers has made some great decisions in his career (Can't say the same for Dana Carvey [Is that how you spell his name?], I didn't see Master of Disguise, but he's still a great comedian.). I liked So I Married An Axe Murderer--Not as quotable, but it's still a great comedy/romance. And not to mention Shrek and Austin Powers.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clinty mc fly
Master Rewinder
Member # 2946

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for clinty mc fly   Email clinty mc fly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mike myers rules
waynes world is tops + wid sum fresh jokes

Posts: 107 | From: Lincoln,uk | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"So I Married an Axe Murderer" was on HBO last night...I know it's not as quotable but it's still a cute movie...there's something about MM playing an 'everyman' instead of a character that's very appealing.

[cue 'beat' music and snap fingers]

Woman... woe-man... whoooa-man.
She was a thief, you got to believe, she stole my heart and my cat.
Judy, Betty, Josie and those hot Pussycats, they made me horny, on Saturday morning.
Girls of cartoo-ins will leave me in ruins...
I want to to be Betty's Barney.
Jane...get me off this crazy thing...called love.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Evil is Mike Myers best character.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home