iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Silent Night, Evil Night

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Silent Night, Evil Night
hope
Rewind Curious
Member # 2240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hope   Email hope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope someone can help me locate a movie that I saw when I was a very young girl at the theatre. It was then entitled, Silent Night, Evil Night. It was a horror movie and it was really scary to me then and I have always wanted to see it again. I think someone told me years ago that the name had somehow been changed or something but I have never been able to locate the original title. It was probably somewhere around 1974, give or take a few years. The best I can remember the setting was a college at Christmas time and most of the girls were going home. There was a phone that rang in the old house and things started happening. I just remember a scene with a large hook and someone swinging from it. And another scary scene with a rocking chair and a plastic bag over the head.
It has been a while and my memory is not extremely clear but I would really like to see it again if there is anyone out there who might remember it and be able to help me locate it.
Thanks
hope

Posts: 2 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think isis told me about this one...

silent night, evil night A.K.A. black christmas. go here for more info:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0071222/

i haven't seen it, but it sounds like a good one [Cool] . and it's even available on dvd.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is it...Black Christmas. It has Margot Kidder in it,and John Saxton. I just watched it again at Xmas. They are all in a sorority, and a obscene phone caller keeps harrassing the girls, and then they find out he is inside the house-just like When a Stranger Calls. It is different. I didn't think it was as scary as Silent Night/Deadly Night-that is scary.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hope
Rewind Curious
Member # 2240

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for hope   Email hope   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Thanks so much for the reply guys! I did watch the movie and it was the same one I remembered. It probably wasn't as scary as it was when I was 11 but I did enjoy it.
Thanks again!

Posts: 2 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want a scary movies, that still scares me even now, watch either Silent Scream or He Knows Your Alone.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home