iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Brood

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Brood
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally watched this movie a few days ago, I had always wanted to see it, it was so creepy. I actually liked it, for as disturbing and weird as it was. Oliver Reed, who plays the psychologist in it- he drank himself to death- literally- drank so much he gave himself a self induced heart attack.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoyed The Brood when I re-watched it on the Criterion Disk last year; incredible film, and one of Cronenberg's best. I feel his best films are the ones he directed in the '70's - '80's, i.e. The Brood, Shivers, Rabid, Videodrome, Scanners, The Fly, The Dead Zone, Dead Ringers, etc.

And, even when compared to the other films that Cronenberg made during this era, The Brood is especially frightening. The idea of a disturbed woman's psyche "birthing" these baby monsters/demons that attack anyone she hates is quite horrific. And, though the effects were minimal re: these creatures, they were still extremely effective.

The cold winter setting also added to the unease that was palatable throughout the film...

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home