iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Malibu High (1979)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Malibu High (1979)
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"When a high school senior is dumped by her boyfriend, her grades fall drastically...to avoid failing, she begins seducing her male teachers. Thus begins her downward spiral into drug addiction and prostitution, and ultimately assassinations for a kingpin mob boss."

The star Jill Lansing only did this one film. This film has the right amount of every type of exploitation. Tony the pimp/dealer is my favorite character. He's just sleazy, but has a cool style. This is a must see. 4 out of 5

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is one of the funniest exploitation films I've seen. She goes from high school student seducing teachers to mob assassin in a matter of a couple months! It's hilarious, and I am always recommending it to my film buff friends who think that they have seen everything. This was produced by Lawrence D. Foldes, the mastermind, if you could call him that, behind "Young Warriors" and "The Great Skycopter Rescue." Back in the late 70s and early 80s, I remember the ads in trade papers like Variety trumpeting the coming of this 19-year-old phenom writer/producer/director. (I'm guessing that Foldes's father paid for them.) Needless to say, if you've seen any of Foldes's goofy output, you know that he did not turn out to be the 80s version of Quentin Tarantino. He also wrote "Lovely But Deadly" where the high school gal uses her super kung-fu skills to take out the local drug dealers. That one is almost as funny as "Malibu High."
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe i have this on dvd somewhere, on a double feature where it's paired up with Trip with The Teacher.

I can't really remember having seen it. Probably just fast-forwarded it a bit when i just bought it
to get an impression of it.. and never really took the time to watch the whole thing.

Sounds like a must-see though ! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skatexedge
Master Rewinder
Member # 5712

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for skatexedge   Email skatexedge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ripped this movie and put it up over at YouTube for everyone to enjoy! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmytPcRFYeI&feature=plcp

Posts: 294 | From: Arizona | Registered: Mar 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Sir you are a good man.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home