iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Prince of Central Park - 1977

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Prince of Central Park - 1977
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember watching this movie when I was a kid. I couldn't even remember the title of it til last night. I knew it was called The Prince of something. Then I was talking to my brother of movies that I should get, cos my brain was stuck trying to find new ones that I have not seen and he said why don't you try and track down The Prince of Central Park. I have wondered for years what the title of that movie was called and all along he knew. We must have watched it together as kids.

Anyway has anyone else seen this, and can anyone recommend a place on where I could obtain a copy.

I looked it up on Google but it keeps coming up with some 2000 remake, that I am not interested in.

If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've struggled to find this one too. I hope they release it on DVD soon.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah i get sick of looking for it and finding that stupid remake. Yeah a DVD release would be great but I guess unlikely, maybe.

Glad to know that somebody remembers it anyway. I reckon I saw it about 1991.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Man I really wish I could find this. It's driving me nuts. Even a dodgy VHS version would do.

One of the most elusive movies ever to track down. Uggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep - still bugs me too!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just thought that it was time to make another post, appealing to anyone who knows where I can get this movie (it's starting to sound like a missing persons report). Perhaps if I make a post like this periodically it may yield some results with new members or whatever.

It looks like it's just you and me Logan who are interested in this one.

BTW, when did you first / last watch this movie? I personally only saw it once and that was about 1990/1991 on TV during the middle of the day sometime. I assume it was a weekend.

I actually just looked it up and found it on amazon, but it's 70 bucks for a VHS copy. That's a bit steep for my liking, plus its NTSC and won't play on my VCR.

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Central-Park-1976-TV-movie/dp/B000NVH6W6/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1305180971&sr=1-2

[ 11. May 2011, 23:08: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
I've never seen it, but from what I've read it looks really good. Just can't find it!
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, everybody! I have some marvellous news!

I came upon The Prince of Central Park on YouTube!

You can watch it from here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8bFYHgYZPw [Smile]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
At last! Cheers LwC!
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting coincidence. I have observed that it was uploaded on the same day that Logan 5 made his penultimate post.

Truth is stranger than fiction. [Wink]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Lovers with Cassie,

OMG, You are a legend. Thank you so much. I have looked countless times on Youtube before.

You really have made my day. I have been looking for this for a long time. It has been 20 years since I have watched this.

I am sure Logan will be jumping for joy too.

When I started this thread, I honestly had no belief that I would ever track this movie down, so thanks a million. My brother and I will be watching this tonight for sure.

It is highly, highly, highly appreciated. WOW.

Thank you so much.

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
So sad to see that TJ Hargrave was one of the victims of 9/11.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched it now. Cute movie. Very innocent in that 70's way. feels a little like an after-school special.

Reminds me of the movie 'The Hideaways'.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home