iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Close Encounters of The Third Kind.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Close Encounters of The Third Kind.
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just started to rewatch the Directors cut of this film and after all these years since it was made i am still blown away by this film.Everything about it is class and i can't believe how well the picture quality has held up even compared to todays standards.
The scale of the film is huge if you think about the sets that were required and the cross country section of the film towards the end is still my favorite part with everybody getting evacuated.

So what do the rest of you think of this film.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Couldn't agree more - simply one of the greatest films of all time [Smile]
Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, one of the best movies ever made! Sad, what happened to Spielberg. But I guess all directors lose the touch at some point.
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah it's strange if you think of all the great films from the 70's and 80's that Spielberg was involved in then compare to the films he does today.Now i know todays films gross more money but they just seem to lack the vision,maybe it has something to do with making the most of what you had back then you couldn't just fall back on to CGI to take care of everything.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie. Almost everyone has, at some point in their life, made a mountain sculpture out of mashed potato as homage to this film. I was surpised at how well the SFX for this and Star Wars hold up.

Spielberg today is more of a political mouthpiece than a director.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I formally looked through the fotonovel for this. Has anybody else read it?

I might view this anew one day.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember my parents taking me and my brother and the neighbor girl to see this at the drive-in. Well, whoever was in charge of the movie reels mixed them up. So no one had any idea what was going on. They ended up refunding everyone's money as they drove out because everyone starting honking their horns and yelling! So I have never seen this movie in its entirety and in the correct sequence, lol. What a shame as my parents only took us to the movies a handful of times over the years.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen this in a while, but it's quite a movie. Spielberg certainly has the knack for depositing his movies into the consciousness of pop culture.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home