iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Ice Castles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ice Castles
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought this movie on DVD, I couldn't remember much from when I had seen it long ago, it was so great. It looked like Lynn Holly Johnson did most of her own ice skating in the movie. I loved it, did anyone else?? It is a great holiday movie, for this season.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most teenaged girls of the time loved this one -- hunky male lead...sappy love story...etc. I believe Lynn Holly was an amateur skater on the national scene, not an Olympic contender but certainly good enuf to pull off her own skating. She then played a James Bond vixen and a slutty girl in this movie where 4 girls go to spring break. That's the last I heard of her.

My sister was sooooo in love with Robby Benson. He was a little too skinny & sensitive for me, but I think it's cool that he grew up to play the Beast in the Disney movie.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I CRY during this movie...how sad is THAT???
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
great movie sis. i too, always found myself watching anything benson was in.
i wasn't aware that it made it's way to dvd. how cool! i always catch it on cable every now and then (not HBO and all those, but the other channels).

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Robbie Benson, in Ode to Billy Joe too, that was a tear jerker. He was an excellent actor. I thought Lynn Holly Johnson was so pretty in Ice Castles, and in The Watcher in the Woods, I know she has her own website now. I have never seen current pictures of her though.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was also in a tv movie called "Richie" (also known as "Death Of Richie" where he played a teenager strung out on drugs. He was really good in that one.(they sell copies of it on eBay)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home