iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The fish who saved Pittsburgh (1979)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The fish who saved Pittsburgh (1979)
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know this movie? Or know where I can get it? Heard it's some disco/basketball movie where real NBA stars like Dr. J are in it. Anyone have it?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mighty Mighty Pisces!

Hilarious movie..

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend burned this to dvd for me. He just kept telling me to watch it, and I finally did. It was silly and entertaining. Worth a watch for sure, if it sounds like something you'd like.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh" is everything that Secret Admirer described in a silly, but charming way. People that know the movie still catch themselves singing the tunes on occasion.

1.  A Theme For L.A.'s Team (04:07)
Thom Bell Orchestra featuring Doc Severinsen
2.  Magic Mona (03:24)
Phyllis Hyman
3.  Mighty Mighty Pisces (03:48)
The Sylvers
4.  (Do It, Do It) No One Does It Better (04:05)
The Spinners
5.  The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh (03:28)
Bell & James
6.  Moses Theme (04:32)
Frankie Bleu
7.  Chance Of A Lifetime (05:00)
The Four Tops
8.  Follow Every Dream (04:11)
William Hart
9.  Ragtime (01:18)
Eubie Blake, Thom Bell
10.  Is It Love, Must Be Love (04:57)
Loretta Lynn, Frankie Bleu

Though this movie was released in 1979.. the style of it could never be mistaken for an 80's flick. If you are fan of Dr. J it is a must.

I can't give a fair review because I'm from Kentucky and you start playing basketball in your crib there. So as a kid .. I watched anything that I could get my hands on that related to basketball in any way.

The White Shadow
The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh
One On One - red hot poker
Coach - Jabberwocky!
Teen Wolf - Win in the end
Hoosiers - I'll make it
Amazing Grace & Chuck

In Jr. High I got my paws on an old "The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh" album and we would play it during pre-game warm-ups. We really had fun with it!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any soundtrack with Doc Severinsen and The Four Tops is a masterpiece!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iw ant the movie and the soundtrack. Is this hard to find? Or is this another Skatetown USA? Funny, I read somewhere that this is current Redskins QB Donovan Mcnab's favorite movie.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Donovan must not get out much...
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw this in the theater when it was released. i haven't watched it since the early 80's but now i'll have to look for it.

valley, another basketball movie i saw in the theater that i don't see on your list was "fast break" with the great gabe kaplan. i don't remember much from this movie either, but i liked it when i saw it.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home