iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Match Game and other Game Shows

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Match Game and other Game Shows
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Match Game is on of my favorite things to watch..I loved Gene Rayburn and Charles Neilson Reily, and Brett Sommers..I am so glad they play it on the GameShow Network..at least there is one thing on I can watch. I used to love watching game shows, but now they are total trash too. I have seen that show Lingo-with Chuck Woolery...it was dumb from the beginning, because they gave out crappy prizes, so instead of giving more money, they hired some sleazy implanted woman on there to do absolutely nothing, it had been on for like a year without her, and worked fine, now they throw her on there just for boobs. I saw Chuck have his arm around her like he had a death grip on her, and it looked so weird. Everyone knows why she was hired. Who needs that. Have people who are entertaining by humor, like Match Game was..everyone is so screwed up...what is with this whole fascination with fake boobs and the f word, what the heck is going on even on game shows?
I couldn't believe it, on Animal Planet, there was a cockatoo on and they were talking about his feathers on his head looking like Something About Mary..like a kid is gonna know what the heck someone means by that, if they did, their parents should be in therapy for being stupid idiots for letting them watch something so awful.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I got home during HS in the '70s, my little brother & I used to watch Match Game together. I can remember they used to make a big deal about changing the year on New Year's Day, like going from Match Game 74 to 75. He didn't like that (he was born in 70) so he would say "I want it to stay 74." Dumb little kid...LOL.

Now my kids watch the Game Show channel and they think Match Game is a hoot. They can't believe how hokey it is and they always laugh at the clothes, big glasses, etc. It was so innocent too, with the goofy innuendo that's so tame by today's standards. Compare Fannie Flagg's risque t-shirts to the big fake tits hanging out on every other show today...oh, well, the '70s weren't so daring after all.

Geez, my daughter loves Animal Planet...I'll have to pay more attention to what they say on there!

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love MATCH GAME and FAMILY FEUD. LETS MAKE A DEAL can be pretty amusing too.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm into trivia, so my favorite game shows are actually quiz shows.

In the 70's, I didn't much watch game shows except for the original "Jeopardy!" with Art Fleming hosting it.

I also loved "Concentration", "Tic Tac Dough", and "The Hollywood Squares". (But I *HATED* the "center square" Paul Lynde! [Mad] )

I even remember the original "Wheel Of Fortune", when it was hosted by Chuck Woolery and Susan Flannery. (Don't tell me some of you are Pat and Vanna yoyos!) [Razz]

Finally, don't forget "Name That Tune!"

Two game shows that I had absolutely no use for were "The Gong Show" and the "$1.98 Beauty Contest", both of which were created by Chuck Barris.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Gong Show.....when it was on..I remember thinking, what is this?? and I wasn't sure if I really liked it, but they played it again here not long ago when that movie came out about Chuck Barris's life. I think I'd like it alot better now, because I think it was just plain goofy, and people were just having a lot of fun, and there was no reasoning behind it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never did watch "The Gong Show". It seemed like an incredibly stupid show, and it very likely is.

Life is too short to see people get humiliated by that. The only difference between that show and "American Idol", is that the "Gong Show" contestants really didn't care if they had no talent.

I suppose it's one of those "guilty pleasure" type of shows. You know, the kind of show that you like, but are too embarrased to say it in public! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up there with The Gong Show as a guilty pleasure was The $1.98 Beauty Show. Wow...how people let themselves be humiliated!!!! For serious knowledge I watch Jeopardy. Everything alse is just for mild amusement. If I had to go on a show it would be Rock and Roll Jeopardy.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home