iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Ziggy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ziggy
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you guys remember Ziggy?? What happened to him?? I had Ziggy posters on my walls, a Ziggy calendar and Ziggy pajamas. He didn't even have his own tv show, did he??? [Confused]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know he was a comic in the Sunday Funnies, I think he had a couple of cartoon specials in the 80s. Other than that, I guess he just plain vanished!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isis9968 asked:
quote:
Do you guys remember Ziggy?? What happened to him?? I had Ziggy posters on my walls, a Ziggy calendar and Ziggy pajamas. He didn't even have his own tv show, did he??? [Confused]
Ahem! (click below)

http://www.ucomics.com/ziggy/index.phtml

Ziggy is alive and well! Mainly because the comic strip is now being done by the original cartoonist's son!

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, I would like to see him back on pajama shirts!!!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just rememebr his bald head and his nose.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God...he used to be on a thousand Birthday cards. When you said "whatever happened to him?" I was gonna say "The cartoonist probably died" since his son now does the strip, I guess thats what happened.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamiasweetpeaches wrote:
quote:
God...he used to be on a thousand Birthday cards. When you said "whatever happened to him?" I was gonna say "The cartoonist probably died" since his son now does the strip, I guess that's what happened.
No offense, but I really don't much like it when a comic strip's original author dies, but the strip continues by someone else. Even if it's the author's own kids, it just isn't the same anymore.

That's why I don't much care for Beetle Bailey or Hi & Lois, etc. I mean, I like those comic strips, but I just wish the strips would end when the original cartoonist retires or dies.

(Example: Charles Schulz did Peanuts, but never wanted anyone else to continue the strip for him. So when he died, there were no more new strips, although some newspapers decided to rerun older editions.)

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yeah..I know what you mean, they would update Ziggy anyway, and be putting him in ads, saying "Get Ziggy with it!"
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally forgot about Ziggy, and Gumbo too come to think of it.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home