iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The China Syndrome

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The China Syndrome
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had never seen this movie, then last night when I got off the computer- it was playing on regular TV, so I started watching it...and I really was liking it, but I didn't actually understand what had happened at the power plant...I have heard of a nuclear melt down- but I don't really know what that means, and what had happened. Does anyone know?

I thought Jane Fonda and Michael Douglas were so young looking, and they did a really good job.

They must be honoring Jack Lemmon, because different movies of his have been playing this week.

I fell asleep in a part in the middle of the movie-that completely lost me.

It was when Jack Lemmon gets to the power plant and he holds the gun on everyone....I know somewhere he figured out that there was a cover up going on....and then I missed the very ending of the movie.

So, I want to see it the whole way through.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been many many years since I've sen this one. I noticed it was on last night so I recorded it but haven't gotten around to watching it yet.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a good movie. What happened was the "core" started to overheat and nearly melted through the containment field. Once nuclear rods get past the containment field there is nothing to stop it from melting all the way through the planet and coming out on the other side of the world (China). This is why it's called the "China Syndrome"....
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Slowack
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7679

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Michael Slowack   Email Michael Slowack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my favorites. And Michael Douglas was one of the producers.
Posts: 12 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home