iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Kurt Russell Disney movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kurt Russell Disney movies
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two of them are on TCM today. I watched The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes, and my husband is watching Strongest Man in the World now. Anyone know what the third movie was in this trilogy? I can't remember. I laughed my *** off in TCWTS when Kurt Russell (Dexter) is supposedly driving a car in a downpour and studying his notes that are taped to the driver side window- it was so cheesy because it was so fake.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up watching Kurt Russell and Disney movies....was the third movie "Now You See Him, Now You Don't"?

Another similar Disney movie that came out about the same time was "Gus" with Don Knotts and Tim Conway.

Oh and don't forget about "The Shaggy D.A.".

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And "The Barefoot Executive".
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big fan of Kurts. Never saw him in a movie as a kid except for the one with Elvis..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite by kurt is tango and cash with sylvester stallone they were both hot in that movie especially kurt though i still have it on vhs lol dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
my favorite by kurt is tango and cash with sylvester stallone they were both hot in that movie especially kurt though i still have it on vhs lol dee

Got it on DVD.. Classic..

Best good cop bad cop scene ever!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh yeah i will have to get it on dvd now haven't seen it in a while and they don't show it on cable much at all? now i want to watch it again lol !!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
oh yeah i will have to get it on dvd now haven't seen it in a while and they don't show it on cable much at all? now i want to watch it again lol !!!

Then go!!
I'll be here all day, you can let me know what part your watching!! [Big Grin]

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JB, I heard somewhere that Russell in his youth was a minor league baseball prospect. You know anything more?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He actually played for a year on the Angels' minor league team. He tore a rotater cuff, so he returned to acting. He was supposedly a pretty good player.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Kurt Russell was quite a talented second baseman. Selfishly, it might have been our gain that he got injured.

Kurt Russell's baseball stats

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It still would have been cool to see him in the big show. A torn rotator cuff is understandable though, hard to come back from that.

I guess he's a hockey fan too, as I remember seeing him and Goldie at Kings games, especially during the Cup run of 93.

Was Russell in the same Disney movies as Kim and Kyle Richards?

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TCM is running 2 more weekends of Disney live action films along with a new documentary. Here's the lineup:

Dec 21st Sunday
12:00 PM Black Hole, The (1979)
Researchers discover a lost space ship on the edge of a black hole. Cast: Maximilian Schell, Anthony Perkins, Robert Forster. Dir: Gary Nelson. C-98 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

2:00 PM Escape to Witch Mountain (1975)
An unscrupulous millionaire tries to catch two mysterious children with super powers. Cast: Eddie Albert, Ray Milland, Donald Pleasence. Dir: John Hough. C-97 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

4:00 PM Return From Witch Mountain (1978)
A mad scientist kidnaps an alien teen with amazing powers. Cast: Bette Davis, Christopher Lee, Kim Richards. Dir: John Hough. C-94 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

6:00 PM Bedknobs And Broomsticks (1971)
An apprentice witch and three war orphans try to prevent the Nazi invasion of England. Cast: Angela Lansbury, David Tomlinson, Roddy McDowall. Dir: Robert Stevenson. C-117 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

8:00 PM Candleshoe (1977)
A street urchin infiltrates a noblewoman's impoverished household in search of hidden treasure. Cast: David Niven, Helen Hayes, Jodie Foster. Dir: Norman Tokar. C-101 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

10:00 PM Freaky Friday (1976)
A mother and daughter switch bodies for one strange day. Cast: Barbara Harris, Jodie Foster, John Astin. Dir: Gary Nelson. C-98 mins, TV-PG, CC

11:45 PM Age of Believing: The Disney Live Action Classics, The (2008)

Dec 28th Sunday
10:30 AM Age of Believing: The Disney Live Action Classics, The (2008)

12:00 PM Shaggy Dog, The (1959)
An ancient spell turns a teenager into a large sheep dog. Cast: Fred MacMurray, Jean Hagen, Tommy Kirk. Dir: Charles Barton. BW-102 mins, TV-G, CC

2:00 PM Shaggy D.A., The (1976)
A lawyer running for district attorney starts turning into a large sheep dog at awkward moments. Cast: Dean Jones, Tim Conway, Suzanne Pleshette. Dir: Robert Stevenson. C-92 mins, TV-G, CC

4:00 PM Love Bug, The (1968)
A Volkswagen with a brain becomes a championship racecar. Cast: Dean Jones, Michele Lee, David Tomlinson. Dir: Robert Stevenson. C-108 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

6:00 PM Herbie Rides Again (1974)
A spunky widow uses her magical Volskwagen to fight off a corrupt land developer. Cast: Helen Hayes, Ken Berry, Stefanie Powers. Dir: Robert Stevenson. C-88 mins, , CC, Letterbox Format

8:00 PM Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo (1977)
Thieves plant stolen diamonds under the hood of a magical Volkswagen. Cast: Dean Jones, Don Knotts, Julie Sommars. Dir: Vincent McEveety. C-110 mins, TV-G, CC

9:45 PM Herbie Goes Bananas (1980)
The owners of a magical Volkswagen drive through Latin America on the way to a Brazilian race. Cast: Cloris Leachman, Charles Martin Smith, John Vernon. Dir: Vincent McEveety. C-99 mins, TV-G, CC

11:30 PM World's Greatest Athlete, The (1973)
A washed-up coach saves his career when he discovers a jungle boy who's a natural athlete. Cast: Tim Conway, Jan-Michael Vincent, John Amos. Dir: Robert Scheerer. C-92 mins, TV-PG, CC, Letterbox Format

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Escape To Witch Mountian" was one of my fav movies as a kid. Which means Kim Richards might have been one of my first crushes. Probably the main reason why I enjoyed "Tuff Turf" so much in the 80's.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I still haven't even seen Escape or Return to Witch Mountain but want to see them. I haven't even seen Kim's mutliple TV show cameos, only Tuff Turf or Meatballs 2.
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ripper, Escape to Witch Mountain is excellent! Return sucked big time for me. Bad!!!! In my opinion.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
JB, I heard somewhere that Russell in his youth was a minor league baseball prospect. You know anything more?

I heard a little something like that before actually, he sure had the build for it. I think we would all have been worse off if he made it though.

Imagine who might have played his iconic roles??

Snake Plisskin=James Woods
Mc=Bobby De NIro
Jack Burton=Me!! [Big Grin]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Thanks JCWBobC. Looks like I'll be watching some more Disney the next two Sundays. I remember The World's Greatest Athlete. Was that Jan Michael Vincent's first movie?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home