iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Steely Dan-Do it Again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Steely Dan-Do it Again
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXXmg2-6v-I

I realized tonight that I had no clue what they were saying in this song...because I sang it with my son on Guitar Hero. It is a strange song.

I never knew what these guys ever looked like until tonight.

I like alot of their music.

Here's: Reelin in the Years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXXmg2-6v-I

My son said they became Hari Chrishnas....is that true?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I was a kid I always sang "Are you reeling in the YEAST???" and a few years ago the song was on in the car and I heard my dauughter in the back seat singing "Are you reeling in the YEAST????"

And for years I thought "Blinded By The Light" was about being "wrapped up like a douche". For YEARS I didn't like taht song cuz it made me think of douche!

My favorite song by them is Rikki Dont Lose That Number.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if you're saying "Blinded By the Light" was by Steely Dan or just throwing it in there as another misheard lyric. But just to clarify that song was sung by Manfred Mann's Earth Band
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooooooooooops!

I just thought of another one.....When I was a teenager and I used to hear Rikki Dont Lost That Number I assumed it was about two gay guys hooking up(!) or- more specifically - the guy giving Rikki the number was gay and Rikki WASN'T and he was trying to get Rikki to 'warm up to the idea' and saying "okay, fine, you're not ready for it YET, but in case you change your mind DONT LOSE MY NUMBER!" I read somewhere its about a guy scoring drugs. True?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home