iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Babys-Every Time I think of You

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Babys-Every Time I think of You
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eddie Money is going to be in concert with John Waite at the end of February. I want to go so bad, I love John Waite. If I go...Eddie's drummer wrote me last night and said he'd get me on the guest list and I can go back stage.

It is all going to depend on the weather though.

But, I really would love to meet John Waite, I loved when he sang with The Babys.

This is one of my favorite songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFgq7PipCP0&feature=related

Does anyone know who the girl is that is singing back up? She is awesome.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always liked this song too. They also charted with "Isn't It Time" & "Back On My Feet Again" which were also good songs.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love both those songs....I was just listening to "Isn't it Time".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOl2wp__yfc&feature=related

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love The Babys!
They should re-release those albums asap.

Waite´s first solo album Ignition (1982) is a masterpiece and Rock Candy just released it again, it´s a very nice package with John´s liner notes and more.

-

I also love both Bad English cd´s.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
love this song still hear it on jack fm here i also have seen eddie money twice here he is still really good so if you can go see him he puts on a good show always liked john waite too but he has not been here otherwise i would go see him too!! dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
John Waite is killer period. Bad English rocked too. Neal Schon was the guitarist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfUMswVj5hg

Check out this interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD3B95g5TRU&feature=related

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Eddie Money about 3 years ago at a free concert in Station Square here in Pittsburgh. He looks like a drunk. His singing is okay, but he doesn't do any higher notes- his daughter sings those now.
I had the 8-track with Isn't It Time,ha,ha! I guess my parents still have it- it's probably stored inside the console stereo.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If anyone´s interested,
Rock Candy Records just re-released three The Babys cd´s.

Head First (1978) Union Jacks (1980) and On The Edge (1980)

-  -  -

Here´s more info:

http://www.rockcandyrecords.co.uk/category/catalogue/

I´m gonna get these gems asap.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching a show about One Hit Wonders (probably on VH1) and they came to John Waite I Aint Missing You At All. I turned to my friend and said "Bullsh*t! he had a lot of hits!" and my friend burst out laughing and said "No, im pretty sure that was his One Hit."

I have a CD called THE COMPLETE JOHN WAITE ,VOLUME ONE, FALLING BACKWARDS! And so - even if most people dont consider stuff like If Anybody Had A Heart and Change hits- I do! I also mentioned some of the songs from THE BABYS (Everytime I Think of You) and BAD ENGLISH (When I See You Smile)...so I think i pretty much made my point and won the argument (with my friend at least if not VH1, who I SHOULD write and angry letter to!)

When I See You Smile is the only BAD ENGLISH song I really know though. Can anyone recommend some good ones to download?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
When I See You Smile is the only BAD ENGLISH song I really know though. Can anyone recommend some good ones to download?

Start with the complete first 2 albums. Everything they did is brilliant:

http://rapidshare.com/files/144920031/Bad_English_-_Bad_English__1989__by_Ghani.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/145182008/Bad_English_-_Backlash__1991__by_Ghani.zip

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
I was watching a show about One Hit Wonders (probably on VH1) and they came to John Waite I Aint Missing You At All. I turned to my friend and said "Bullsh*t! he had a lot of hits!" and my friend burst out laughing and said "No, im pretty sure that was his One Hit."

I have a CD called THE COMPLETE JOHN WAITE ,VOLUME ONE, FALLING BACKWARDS! And so - even if most people dont consider stuff like If Anybody Had A Heart and Change hits- I do! I also mentioned some of the songs from THE BABYS (Everytime I Think of You) and BAD ENGLISH (When I See You Smile)...so I think i pretty much made my point and won the argument (with my friend at least if not VH1, who I SHOULD write and angry letter to!)

That VH1 One Hit Wonders show is a joke. I saw it when it first aired a few years ago and it was riddled with errors. I don't think they researched it very well. I remember they listed The Troggs with "Wild Thing" completely overlooking that they also had another huge hit with "Love Is All Around" which went to #7, and a smaller hit with "With a Girl Like You" which got to #29. They also had five others that were sizeable hits in the U.K. John Waite had two other solo Top 40 hits besides "Missing You" - "Tears" (#37 in 1984) and "Every Step of the Way" (#25 in 1985) so he has no business being on that list either.

To me a true "One Hit Wonder" is someone who had only one Top 40 hit and is remembered only for that one hit. That second part is important because there are many highly influential bands with huge popular fanbases that don't rack up pop hits. The Grateful Dead only have one Top 40 hit, but it would be highly misleading to categorize them as a "One Hit Wonder". Likewise you can't go strictly by the U.S. charts or seminal groups like Black Sabbath or Sex Pistols register as No-hit wonders. A true One Hit Wonder to me is somebody like Los Del Rio ("Macarena") or Toni Basil ("Mickey").

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fight I see all the time is when someone from America says "so-and-so only had One Hit" and then someone from The U.K. says "oh no! they and a LOT of hits!" A perfect* example is A-HA. In Amewrica people say their only hit was Take On Me (I put a * next to the word perfect because people like me rememebr the single and video The Sun Always Shines On TV and so we count that as a "hit" too evene though I dont know if it even charted here in America). In other parts of the world A-HA are huge , sell millions of records and are still playing live to this day. So isnt it a bit unfair to call them a One Hit Wonder?

Bringing up bands like GRATEFUL DEAD and BLACK SABBATH raises a good point too. For a long time hard rock and metal wasnt getting its due (at least not until bands like GUNS N ROSES , SKID ROWN and BON JOVI became really popular and were selling massive amounts of albums)and so their are bands like RATT or maybe even DOKKEN that people will say "One Hit Wonder" but fans of their music are like "what are you? Crazy? They have a lot of hits!"

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home