iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's astounding, time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll
But listen closely, not for very much longer
I've got to keep control

I remember doing the TIme Warp
Drinking those moments when
The blackness would hit me and the void would be calling
Let's do the time warp again...
Let's do the time warp again!

It's just a jump to the left
And then a step to the right
With your hands on your hips
You bring your knees in tight
But it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane,
Let's do the Time Warp again!

It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me
So you can't see me, no not at all
In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention
Well-secluded, I see all
With a bit of a mind flip
You're there in the time slip
And nothing can ever be the same
You're spaced out on sensation, like you're under sedation

Well I was walking down the street just a-having a think
When a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink
He shook me up, he took me by surprise
He had a pickup truck and the devil's eyes.
He stared at me and I felt a change
Time meant nothing, never would again

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my friend to do The Time Warp with me in front of the stage on Halloween when we went to the midnite showing! It's amazing!
Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we watched rocky horror on halloween here we love it they don't show it anymore at shea's downtown or we would go for sure i still have the album from it too love tim curry!! dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys, but I must admit that I always hated this....big-time.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only got around to seeing it for the first time this year!! And I'm 27 next week!! [Smile]

But anyways, I loved it instantly and it makes me smile when I think of this track in particular..

'Now put your hands on your hips'... [Wink]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and it's the pelvic thrust that really drives you insane!!! love it !! one of my favorite songs from the show too!! dee [Cool]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
I watched it about two months ago. I had heard of it and wanted to see it forever, but never got round to it. But I bopped and toetapped my way through it.. Such a fun movie!! [Big Grin]
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
yes it is i just smile thinking of it and the music is very catchy love it!! [Smile]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
yes it is i just smile thinking of it and the music is very catchy love it!! [Smile]

Next time I'm in Buffalo, we're renting it girl!! [Smile]
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
okay your on mr jack burton!!! [Wink] [Cool] [Smile]
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mr. Jack Burton, I, too, just watched Rocky Horror for the first time in its entirety this past Halloween and LOVED IT! I remember watching bits and pieces of it back in high school and I hated it and felt disturbed afterwards but now, I totally get it. Loved all the music, loved Frank-N-Furter's character, loved Columbia and Magenta, loved Eddie and Rocky! So awesome all the way around!!

I was really taken aback by Tim Curry's performance. How fearless was he to take on THAT role at 29! He was fantastic. No one else could have played that as well! And it's weird to say but I found myself oddly attracted to him, even in all the makeup and stockings!! LOL! Not sure what that says about me [Smile] !

I actually went to a midnight showing of this Halloween weekend with my friend Greg and it was crazy. People were all dressed up and knew all the lines and were throwing stuff. It was a blast!

Well, just wanted to add my two cents. See ya...

"In another dimension...with voyeuristic intentions..."

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A great movie, I have seen it live, it's too funny. I'm not the guy that memorizes all the put in lines though.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always loved it.....you sorta go into this weird state of mind towards the end minus any alcohol or drugs haha

"toucha toucha touch meeee" my Favorite haha......

When Frankfurter comes tapping down the elevator!!

I saw this many times back in highschool and college as midnight showings....newspaper, squirt guns and toliet paper included!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never had the experience of seeing this in the theaters....with all the antics. Could be the reason I hated it. Only saw it once, in highschool at my friend's house. Guess I need to see it again....in a movie theater.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Hey Mr. Jack Burton, I, too, just watched Rocky Horror for the first time in its entirety this past Halloween and LOVED IT! I remember watching bits and pieces of it back in high school and I hated it and felt disturbed afterwards but now, I totally get it. Loved all the music, loved Frank-N-Furter's character, loved Columbia and Magenta, loved Eddie and Rocky! So awesome all the way around!!

I was really taken aback by Tim Curry's performance. How fearless was he to take on THAT role at 29! He was fantastic. No one else could have played that as well! And it's weird to say but I found myself oddly attracted to him, even in all the makeup and stockings!! LOL! Not sure what that says about me [Smile] !

I actually went to a midnight showing of this Halloween weekend with my friend Greg and it was crazy. People were all dressed up and knew all the lines and were throwing stuff. It was a blast!

Well, just wanted to add my two cents. See ya...

"In another dimension...with voyeuristic intentions..."

You know I know just what you mean. I felt like going out, putting on some tights and heels and pulling a sexy lady for lunch!! [Smile]

Thank you Tim Curry... [Wink]

Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
I've always loved it.....you sorta go into this weird state of mind towards the end minus any alcohol or drugs haha

"toucha toucha touch meeee" my Favorite haha......

When Frankfurter comes tapping down the elevator!!

I saw this many times back in highschool and college as midnight showings....newspaper, squirt guns and toliet paper included!

I've read about the midnight screenings, I would love to attend one!! [Smile]
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
What say you ladies?? Sexy or what?? [Big Grin]
 -

buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
oh yes you definitely have to see this at a theater the first time you see it!!! the interaction with the crowd is the best!! and i especially love tim curry in his part you are right he is very sexy and i don't think anyone else could play this part as well as he did!! dee
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by buffalo-girl:
oh yes you definitely have to see this at a theater the first time you see it!!! the interaction with the crowd is the best!! and i especially love tim curry in his part you are right he is very sexy and i don't think anyone else could play this part as well as he did!! dee

See, now I was right. I know how I'm dressing next fancy dress party!! [Smile]
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
you go mr. jack burton!!!!! and take pics okay? lol
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
You betcha!! [Big Grin]

Although I might not be as well covered as he is!! [Smile]

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm just a sweet transvestite from Transexual, Transylvaniiiaaaaa" [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good movie, strange, weird, very odd... Seeing Tim Curry dressed in womens underwear is hideous at best. He's a great actor, but he looks terrible as a transsexual. Very unattractive. He was very good in the movie, just hard on the eyes... [Wink]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YourEyesCanBeSoCruel
Master Rewinder
Member # 7480

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Author's Homepage   Email YourEyesCanBeSoCruel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jack Burton:
What say you ladies?? Sexy or what?? [Big Grin]
 -

okay, honestly, I'm jealous of Tim Currys legs in this.

(If they do it again here for halloween, I'm trying out for Colombia! EXCITED!!!)

Posts: 133 | From: Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EleanorJune
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never seen it! Don't know why, but never have.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home