iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Anybody Remember This One?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody Remember This One?
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've asked this question in the past on different forums, but I thought I'd try you 70's gurus. Shamingly...I'm a 35 year old happily married man, looking for information on....The Little Match Girl. It was a movie I'd seen several times as a kid at Christmas time, likely in the late 70's...I don't remember much about it, but remember that I really loved it. It was a live action movie, not a cartoon, not a musical, not with Twiggy, Roger Daltry, or Keesha Knight Pulliam. I did some researh to find that Sarah Jessica Parker was in a Little Match Girl movie when she was young...that may be it, but I can't find any information on it. Anyway, for me it had the same feel as the 70's Coke commercials, where they have candles and form a Christmas tree, and sing. I'd appreciate any help. To devoid of any shame I feel about asking about "The Little Match Girl"..ummmmm....GO BEARS GO! RAGGH>>>I LOVE FOOTBALL>>>AND BROOKE BURKE!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember it. I think it was a made-for-tv movie. I just remember the little girl standing in a dirty alley, lighting those matches. So sad. If you find out anything else, let us know!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will do....funny how the memory works...I have such a vague memory of this movie, and can't really even remember any particular scene. I just remember that it tore at my heart strings and that I really really loved it. Anyone have Sarah's phone number...she may have an old copy lying around.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kev....I've been trying everywhere to find a copy of this for you, with no luck. I'll let you know if anything turns up.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Thanks 80's....wow...you're trying to help, instead of using an obvious opportunity to poke fun at me for even asking about the Little Match Girl...much appreciated.
harry2
Master Rewinder
Member # 7645

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for harry2   Email harry2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It appears to me a made for TV 1974 show broadcast on Cincinnati station WLWT (News 5) Lucky if it's available on DVD. There are several other versions of Anderson's fairy tale made over the years.
Posts: 136 | From: The Royal County | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Thanks harry2....I had found that out, but not much more...i even tried to e-mail some of the big networks, but got no response...thanks for trying. I'd love to see a new live action version of this, with a decent budget....does anyone have Ron Howard's number?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home