iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Favorite 70's albums

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite 70's albums
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who did you love from the 70's..I loved Bread...Bread-The Anthology is one of my favorite all time albums.

I also am crazy for the Bee Gees, when Maurice died, I felt so bad, because it seemed like they could never get over Andy dying-who I also loved- Shadow Dancing-what's not to love.

I love the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, maybe I'll be the only one to admit it, but why is everyone in deep disco denial?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there are so many bands from the 70s that are great. the ones i am really attached to are..

CCR - the songs, 'wrote a song for everyone' and 'someday never comes' are awesome. everything this band came out with was great.
fleetwood mac - all the songs are amazing.
average white band - i saw these guys in concert at least 4 times. good soul music.
tommy james and the shondells - i know they originated in the 60s, but they were around in the 70s too. 'i think we're alone now, and 'crimson and clover' - just feel good songs.

others i love are, elton john, war, ambrosia, the stones, and led zeppelin. ya, like i said, these bands started in the 60s, but we don't have a 60s board, so... [Cool]

i do not really like disco. there are some disco songs that i can listen to while watching movies like, satruday night fever, but i do not like the sound. i will listen to the beegees sometimes. they are kinda cool i guess.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like FireFall, Boston, Kansas, Jim Croce, Linda Ronstadt, KC and the Sunshine Band, ELO, The Little River Band, The Carpenters..there's so many.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just realized that the thread title is 70S ALBUMS. oops! i listed bands, sorry. hehe well, you get the idea right? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bee Gees - Main Course and Bat Out of Hell - Meat Loaf are the top 70's albums for me. (Actually let's throw in some T. Rex in there).
Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon , Wish you were Here and The Wall
The Who - Whos Next
The Cars - The Cars and Candy O
Yes - Going for the One , Yessongs
Emerson Lake and Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Queen - Night Ta the Opera , News Of The World
Joe Walsh - The Smoker You Drink The Player You Drunk , But Seriously Folks
Cheap Trick - Live at Budokan ,Cheap Trick , Dream Police ,Heaven Tonight
The Doobie Brothers - What were once vices now are habits , Taking It To The Streets
Steely Dan - Coutdown to Ecstasy , Cant Buy A Thrill , Katy Lied , Pretzel Logic, Aja, The Royal Scam
Supertramp - Breakfast In America(!980 I know buuuttt) , Crime Of The Century , Even In The Quietest Moments
ELO - Out Of The Blue , On The Third Day , Eldorado , ELO 2 ,Face The Music
Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway , And Then There were Three
Peter Gabriel - I , II and III
Elton John - Dont Shoot Me Im Only The Piano Player , Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Captian Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy
Styx - Styx 2 , Equinox , Grand Illusion , Pieces Of Eight
Rush - 2112 , A Farewell To Kings , Fly By Night

I could go on and on Ive barely touched The surface of my favorite 70s albums.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I love the Doobie Brothers!
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

'whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa listen to the music'
i like the doobies. they were here recently with kansas. i bet that woulda been a good show to see.

MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by isis9968:
I love the Doobie Brothers!

Ive forgotten which album it is now, but remember how everyone had to have the one with joints(or doobie as it were) and other items in the center when you opened the album up?
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I don't remember any albums with actual "doobies" in it, maybe your thinking of cheech and chong...hehehehe.
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

No no thats Big Bambu
This looked like a cleaning tray when you opened the album doobies, papers, etc. All the necessary ingredients to roll up a fat one!

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God I love The BeeGees (Im wearing a BeeGees t-shirt right now!) Thier GREATEST HITS THE RECORD is great. a must have!!! I also love ABBA GOLD. Another great 70s album (that I heard today) is STEVE MILLERS GREATEST HITS. Am I cheating by listing "BEST OF" albums?????
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RiverPhoenix4life
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1719

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for RiverPhoenix4life   Email RiverPhoenix4life   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pink Floyd-Dark Side Of the Moon. My dad even named his winery after this albumn...Dark Side Winery. The Lable has a prism like a wine glass.

Tootles! [Wink]

Posts: 754 | From: Orange County CA | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MONSOON wondered:
quote:
I've forgotten which album it is now, but remember how everyone had to have the one with joints (or doobie as it were) and other items in the center when you opened the album up?
You are probably referring to the inner jacket cover photo of a marijuana joint (or "doobie") from the group's "Minute By Minute" album in 1978.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam hain2
Rewind Maestro
Member # 1964

- posted      Profile for sam hain2   Email sam hain2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Van Halen-Van Halen
Kiss-Destroyer
Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon
AC/DC-Highway to Hell
Aerosmith-Toys in the Attic
Blondie-Parrallel Lines
Fleetwood Mac-Rumors
Eagles-Hotel California
Boston-Boston
Led Zeppelin-IV
Lynyrd Skynyrd-Pronounced Len-nerd Skehn erd
Paul McCartney & Wings-Band on the Run
Elton John-Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Stevie Wonder-Songs in the Key of Life
Sex Pistols-Never Mind the Bullocks Heres the Sex Pistols
Styx-Paradise Theater

Posts: 999 | From: Bismarck, ND | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At the time, I professed to hate all those groups listed here because I was a disco chick. The 3 songs I hated most from this era were Stairway to Heaven, Dream On, and Born to Run...I know, sacreligious.

During my formative high school years, before the dance clubs went big in upstate NY, I listened to Soul Train stuff pretty exclusively. I couldn't avoid rock because that's what was mainstream, what you'd hear on the radio or at parties, but I hated it. Then in December 1977, I went to see "Saturday Night Fever" and my life changed forever! At last, validation for my musical taste and never again to feel an outcast among my peers! Down with "Disco Sucks" oppression!

Fast forward to late '80s, I started listening to classic rock and grew to finally appreciate '70s rock. Okay, I never quite converted to Led Zepellin but "Sweeeeeet E-mo-tion" makes me smile.

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last part of HipsterMom27's post:
quote:
...Okay, I never quite converted to Led Zepellin but "Sweeeeeet E-mo-tion" makes me smile.
Even though "Sweet Emotion" was done by Aerosmith!
[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that...I was simply stating that I've grown some appreciation for Aerosmith as opposed to LZ.
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
master_rickster
Rewind Curious
Member # 2179

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for master_rickster   Author's Homepage   Email master_rickster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait, didn't the B-52's first album come out late in the 70's? New Wave really started then, even though it became associated solidly with the 80s.

And BOSTON ruled.

master_rickster
LondonCat.co.uk Personals & Classifieds

Posts: 2 | From: Ilford | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 70's were q quite eclectic era. i will list the more traditional 70's faves.

Black Sabbath- First 5 albums
Led Zeppelin- Zoso, Houses of the Holy
Big Star-Radio City
Nick Drake-Pink Moon
Budgie-In for the Kill
Blue oyster Cult-Agents of Fortune
Allman brothers-Live at the Filmore
David Bowie-Ziggy Stardust, Low
Brian Eno-Here come the Warm Jets
Neu-Neu 75
Kraftwerk-Autonahn
Gary Numan and Tubeway Army-Replicas
Japan-Quiet Life
Talking heads-77
Ramones-Rocket to Russia
Sex pistols-Never Mind the Bollocks
Pink Floyd-Atom Heart Mother
Frank Zappa-Zoot Allures
Alice Cooper-Killers
Damned-Damned, Damned ,Damned
Ultravox-Systems of Romance
The Cure -Boys Don't Cry
The Clash-London Calling
Fleetwood Mac-Dreams
Buzzcocks-Singles going steady
Joy Division-Unknown Pleasures
Devo-Q:Are we not men A:we are Devo
I'm sure there are a ton of others on the tip of my brain.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
Master_rickster asked:
quote:
Wait, didn't the B-52's first album come out late in the 70's? New Wave really started then, even though it became associated solidly with the 80s.
Yep. The B-52's came on the public scene in the late 70's. Another "New Wave" group at the same time (but later became even more famous in the 80's) were The Talking Heads.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo, Cars and Blondie as well.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home