iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Saturday Mornings in the 70's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saturday Mornings in the 70's
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 70's has no one commenting on much, and yet there was so many great shows on tv, especially Saturday mornings..I remember that's what I lived for..My favorite show of course was Isis, and Shazam..but I loved the whole Kroft Super Show, with Kaptain Kool and the Kongs, and I loved Sigmund and the Seamonsters and The Land of the Lost, doesn't anyone else miss seeing shows that had real live people on them, that were great for kids, but even now as an adult, I love watching them again and I think they are still great shows.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swan
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2051

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Swan   Email Swan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Hell Yeah!! I also liked those shows, along with Wonderbug, Magic Mongo (the theme to which has been stuck in my head since childhood! LOL [Big Grin] ), and the Skatebirds (don't ask why, but I really liked them for some reason! [Big Grin] )
Posts: 22 | From: japan | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Banshee
Master Rewinder
Member # 1829

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Banshee   Email Banshee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll slot this in the 70's forum as I wouldn't have seen it until then but H.R. Pufnstuf - what an absolute gas.
Posts: 125 | From: Surrey, U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe, i wasn't born until 1979. so i don't really know about 70s cartoons. but oh, how i wish i would have been born in the early 70s. i would have been a teen in the mid 80s. that would have been better!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lance Link Secret Chimp
While not with humans, an absolute blast. Every so often, in fact the last time was a couple years ago, this one will pop up somewhere on TV and still get some laughs from me. Nick at night or TVLand was the last place I seen it.

Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have some of the Kroft shows like Magic Mongo and WonderBug, and the Far Out Space Nuts, The Lost Saucer, and H.R Puff and Stuff and The Bugaloos. They were awesome. I remember we had a purple dune buggy in the 70's just like the Wonder Bug..I'd kill to have it now. Me and my brother also made our own version, of the wonderbug, out of a wooden crate, we some how attached to his wagon, and then attached cardboard to the sides, and we painted "Wonderbug" on the side of it..that was a major achievement in my youth. We would camp out in it, it was a blast.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brannon67
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5970

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for brannon67   Email brannon67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, I remember those old Saturday mornings of the past. They seem so long ago, but again, like yesterday. Shows like Shazam/ISIS, all the cartoons, Bugs/Roadrunner Show, Hong Kong Phooey, Scooby Doo, Super Friends, Fat Albert etc. I also loved shows like Run Joe Run, and all the Wacky Sid and Marty Krofft shows. My favorite had to be Land Of The Lost, but I loved them all. It was really hard me to get out of bed thru the week to go to school, but I was up at dawn every Saturday morning. Ha...
Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brannon67
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5970

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for brannon67   Email brannon67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to ask, What was everyones favorite cereal to eat when you watched tv on Saturdays? I think I tried them all back then. I remember favoring Froot Loops, but I loved Count Chocula also....
Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It didn't matter; any cereal was good. One thing today is you miss the wit the cereal commericials had at the time ("To get the fruity taste, he's got to...TRICK FRED!!?? BARNEY, MY PEBBLES!!!!!!!"), and probably won't again given the government's crusade against unhealthy food advertising.

While I was born too late to experience Saturday mornings in the 70s, at least some of it survived into the 80s; heck, ABC was still running 70s era PSA's (particularly Zack of All Trades and Time For Timer) regularly well into the 90s, and if you're lucky you'll still see them every now and then today.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 70s had some good stuff to bad todays youth don't have the privilege watching Saturday morning TV in its golden years before Disney and MTV monopolized it.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved The Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Hour. Brett Hudson was my favorite.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brannon67
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5970

Rate Member
Thank God for dvds and channels like Boomerang...
aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Laaand of the Looost!

Yes, I remember the sleestacks, lol. What a great 70's program.

Fact of business, I was born in 1970.

Loved those cartoons as well.

Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aceofspades70 wrote:
quote:
..."Laaand of the Looost"!

Yes, I remember the sleestacks, lol. What a great 70's program...

One of the Sleestacks was played by future NBA star Bill Laimbeer! He is now the coach of the Detroit Shock, a team in the women's WNBA.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Land of the Lost!!!
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like hr puff n stuff where u go when things get rough lol [Wink]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by StevenHW:
Aceofspades70 wrote:
quote:
..."Laaand of the Looost"!

Yes, I remember the sleestacks, lol. What a great 70's program...

One of the Sleestacks was played by future NBA star Bill Laimbeer! He is now the coach of the Detroit Shock, a team in the women's WNBA.
Wow, I didn't know that. They should make a movie about it.
Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
remember the Herculoids?
mikecasca
Rewind Curious
Member # 4011

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mikecasca   Email mikecasca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a huge fan of "Run Joe Run". Remember the Tarzan cartoon, the one that featured "Usha the wind"?
I was knocked out by "In the News", the short news programs on in between cartoons.

Posts: 4 | From: hollywood, ca | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
intothesea13
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6353

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for intothesea13   Author's Homepage   Email intothesea13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to like that cartoon called, The Groovie Ghoulies. I also loved Superfriends!
Posts: 21 | From: Fascination Street | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Space Coaster. That is all.
Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a book called SATURDAY MORNING FEVER that reviews old the old schhol shows. Gotta get that.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Up to which year do they go in it?
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know but I ordered it this week. when it coems I'll let you know . I think its the 60s through the '80s.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home