iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Dream or reality? Help with title?!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dream or reality? Help with title?!
geniej125
Rewind Curious
Member # 6671

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for geniej125   Email geniej125   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just woke up and had an unusual dream. But I'm not sure if it is a dream because it resembled a movie in the 70s or 80s that I may have watched. And although I have a lot of dreams, I have never had one such as this.

The memories are a little jumbled, but please just cope with it!

There is a boy and girl in their childhood years (same age as the Goonies kids). They have somewhat liked each other but they are friends so they can not differentiate between love and friendship. The boy has always wanted to go on a camping trip to this mountain with his dad. One day he goes on a trip (with his mom driving--not a good idea!) to this place and they stop by a motel place.

For some reason, they are praying and suddenly at the motel (it's pretty wide with a swimming pool in the middle) there are a bunch of kids acting like pirates and the guy sees a girl who resembles his best friend, the girl. But he thinks it's her when it's not. And the pirate kids snatch the girl. The boy thinks it's his best friend so he tries to save her. Then suddenly, he sees his real friend at the edge of the swimming pool. The real friend misunderstands the whole situation. The boy in reality helped save a look-a-like girl.

And then there is a scene towards the end where the best friends who discover that they love each other are getting married as adults. The girl has a boyish short hair cut and is wearing a tuxedo for some reason. They boy, now a man, is obviously wearing a tuxedo also. They suddenly start to argue during the sermon and smile and kiss. It was just an act. But it was a good, happy ending.

It may have been dream, but it was set in that 70s/80s/90s type of setting. And I am normally in my dreams. In this, I wasn't. So that's why I am confused if this was a dream or not. If you have a clue, just a small one, that resembles this to a movie, please let me know!

THANKS!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Te-em
Rewinder
Member # 5958

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Te-em   Email Te-em   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what movie it is, but I myself actually have dreams that looks like movies. It's very fun and cool having such dreams, but they are usually not from real movies. Your dream may be one, though, but I don't know the name of it...
Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like Season 2 of The Wonder Years to me...

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home