iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » I'M SO SHOCKED TO HEAR THIS, CHARLIE BROWN!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'M SO SHOCKED TO HEAR THIS, CHARLIE BROWN!
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other day my eight year old daughter was at a Halloween party and they had a trivia contest you could win prizes if you guessed right. You couldnt call out the answer, you had to raise your hand and if they called on you and you guessed right you got a pretty decent prize.

So they play a snippet of music and my daughter's was the only hand that went up. The guy said "What was that music from?" and she said "The theme from CHARLIE BROWN" and the guy said "Correct" and gave her the prize.

Whats odd about this is that in a room with over 50 children in it ONLY ONE RECOGNIZED THE THEME FROM CHARLIE BROWN PEANUTS SPECIALS!

Now I know why my daughter knew it. We have most of those PEANUTS specials and we watch them every year.

Is PEANUTS really not that big a deal with kids anymore????? I remember in the 70s how excited we all got when channel 2 interuupted Mom and Dads shows to play the PEANUTS specials!

When I told this story to my daughters friend her friend said "Whose Charlie Brown?" and I said "Snoopy's owner" and she said "Whose Snoopy?"

Man I feel old!!!!! I havent felt this old since I realized they didnt know who THE LITTLE RASCALS were!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a little surprising, given how even the specials that have been produced since Schulz's passing use at least a reorchestrated cut of "Linus and Lucy." Perhaps we should write ABC and tell them we want a wider release of specials on the air than the current rotation (which to be fair is more than CBS was giving in the last couple of years they had the rights), perhaps even one or two of the theatrical films.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought all kids knew Charlie Brown??? My students do, because I have all the holiday books and read them to them during the appropriate holiday. Last year my class put on A Charlie Brown Christmas for their Christmas program. I think it's sad that your little girl was the only one who knew!!!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is crazy. I'm 21 and I grew up on the "specials". WTH?
I don't have cable (which I am happy for), and I buy my kid old cartoons when I see them cheap. You can't beat Wal-mart $1 specials. My 2 yr old knows who Pee Wee, Gumby, Betty Boop, Frosty, and Popeye are. She is easy to please as result because there are numerous toys out there any more with Pee Wee or Gumby on them...saves money and tantrums at the store!

Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow i m 25 and grew up on the peanuts specials i think i have every dvd release so far i even have snoopy come home and a boy named charlie brown wow so sad my little girl will know who snoopy and cb are [Smile] you can count on that and you are so right evilash walmart has some great specials the 5 dollar bin always has great 80s flick o btw a charlie brown christma dvd is only seven bucks at walmart along with the muppet christmas carol so i totally got them [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we dont see the charlie brown peanuts stuff over here in the dull old UK as much as we should.especially at xmas time.shame really cos they are ace.
hey rainbow honey [Wink] how you doiiiinnnnn [Big Grin]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is getting a bit off-topic, but ABC-TV will be showing the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Special this week.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have been pretty good with that one lately.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
Also, the Family Channel will air A Boy Named Charlie Brown Thursday at 7, so this'll be a good week with ACBC set for Tuesday night.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home