iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » 70's Horror

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 70's Horror
AnonymousRex
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6162

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnonymousRex   Email AnonymousRex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was little my sister made me stay up late with her and watch a movie that scared me so bad I barely slept for a week. It was called The Little Girl Who Lived Down the Lane and in all this time, I never realized that was Jodie Foster. I'm thinking of "resurrecting" this one for my annual "Halloween Freak Fest" with my daughter. I KNOW she hasn't seen that one.
Posts: 11 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that movie! Own a copy on DVD.

* How old is your daughter? Just a warning that Jodie Foster's charactor who is about 12 has sex with a 13 year old boy in it and Martin Sheen is a dirty old man trying to get Jodie to sleep with him.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnonymousRex
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6162

3 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for AnonymousRex   Email AnonymousRex   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She'll be 15 in December. And she watches Degrassi so...she's seen all that mess anyway. I hardly remember this movie OTHER than every now and then when someone asks "What's the scariest movie you've ever seen" I think, "The Little Girl Who Lived Down the Lane" and they'll say, "What's that about?" and I always think, "I don't remember. All I know is it scared the holy crap out of me."
Posts: 11 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DEGRASSI ROCKS! I'm terrible...I let my 8 year old watch that one!

okay, she can handle LITTLE GIRL WLDTL.

A real unsung gem that one. I wish more people knew about it.

ALL YOU GUYS WHO AIN'T SEEN IT YET RENT IT FOR HALLOWEEN!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brannon67
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5970

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for brannon67   Email brannon67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anything top THE EXORCIST?
Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
No!
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was completely underwhelmed by The Exorcist. It's not something I'd ever bother watching again.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Well when did you see it? Cuz I never reeally talked myself into watching THE EXORCIST until I was in my 20s (my husband made me!). I had been too scared to watch it as a kid just seeing the commercials and snippets of it on TV. Watching it as a grown up it probablyw asnt as scary as it would have been seeing it as a kid.

I think another reason I was so scared of THE EXORCIST as a kid was I went to Catholic school so I really believed that if I wasnt "good" The Devil was gonna take over . hahaha.

evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Exorcist is scary, but one that scared me was The Last House on the Left. I guess it scared me because in theory it could happen. Most of what I've seen up until then wasn't ever that real to me. It is funny how many bloopers were in that movie though. [Eek!]
Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
intothesea13
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6353

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for intothesea13   Author's Homepage   Email intothesea13   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hands down scariest 70s movie for me....Halloween. I still get creeped out by the original!
Posts: 21 | From: Fascination Street | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MooseCrack
Rewinder
Member # 6604

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MooseCrack   Email MooseCrack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
psh. the scariest is the texas chainsaw mascare
Posts: 38 | From: CT | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i remember watching a film as a kid, that messed my head up for weeks . I think it was called 'Zombie' and im sure it was from the 70's. Id love to watch it again !!!!
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I dont think I saw that one (ZOMBIE). Will have to NETFLIX it.
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Exorcist never did anything for me either, I just couldn't find Linda Blair all that intimidating, posessed or not.

Now THE OMEN, that film was actually creepy to me.

Zombie is either the Italian zombie gross out movie, or its the re-edited DAWN OF THE DEAD released by Dario Argento in Italy, depending on the spelling and title [Big Grin]

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was terrified by the exorcist. When i was youger i wished i never watched that movie. That night when i went to bed i was so paranoid i kept glancing back and forth
Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamamiasweetpeaches,

posted 23 October, 2007

I loved that movie! Own a copy on DVD.

* How old is your daughter? Just a warning that Jodie Foster's charactor who is about 12 has sex with a 13 year old boy in it and Martin Sheen is a dirty old man trying to get Jodie to sleep with him.

-----------------------------------------------

jodie foster played a that kind of character in a few other of her earlier movies like in The Taxi Driver with Robert DeNiro

Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
halloween is my scariest movie. one of my favorites all around.

exorcist did NOTHING for me..

[ 04. April 2008, 12:41: Message edited by: NowhereGirl ]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the DVD of The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane...I got it a couple years ago....I actually didn't think it was scary...I thought Jodie Foster was a really good actress in it...it is hard to believe how old she was...I can't believe some of the content though in that movie, and how it ever made it in to the movie.

A 70's movie that did scare the heck out of me is

"Looking for Mr. Goodbar."

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richman
Rewind Curious
Member # 7113

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Richman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think "Burnt Offerings" is a good movie to scare the crap out of anybody..

I watched it with all the lights on in the house when I was home alone

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the Legend of Hell House recently, and found it pretty creepy. Suspiria made me jumpy as well.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovely_julie
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6249

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for lovely_julie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a copy of "The Little Girl Who Lived Down the Lane" at Big Lots last week for $3. I couldn't believe it, and I would have overlooked it if I haven't read this thread.
Posts: 61 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I think "70s horror" I think Phantasm. That movie scared the sh!t out of me when I was a kid. I thought the Tall Man was the scariest thing I'd ever seen! It's still close to the top on my scariest movies list.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I never saw PHANTASM as a kid...I only JUST watched it the first time about 3 years ago...and man, I was in the perfect setting....I was in bed in the dark (there might have even been a storm outside). Now alot of movies scare me but The Mall Man is one creepy mo-fo!
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hills Have Eyes and The Legend of Boggy Creek.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i own the legend of hell house and haven't watched it in so long. i definitely am going to watch it soon.
suspiria is free on netflix to stream right now, as well as carrie and i am pretty sure the original last house on the left is too?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home