iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Saturday Mornings in the 70's

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Saturday Mornings in the 70's
brannon67
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5970

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for brannon67   Email brannon67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Im a baby buster(Gen X er) like alot of you. I really do miss those Saturday morning shows of the late 60s, 70's and early 80's. I was talking with a friend of mine on this subject, and we were naming all these shows that we used to get out of warm beds on those cold Saturday mornings to watch. Krofft, Hanna Barberra, Filmation, etc. We all miss them, and sometimes we wish they were still on, but I have to ask sometimes, "DO WE". What i mean by that, is if Krofft, and the others still made these shows, (which some are old, dead, retired and are out of the business) would they still be the same? New shows? etc. Would we still watch them on Saturday morings, or sleep in from that hard week of work we just pulled. It would be cool if Saturday mroning would have lasted up until now, but would it mean as much to us today. Would our memories still be as special and precious to us, it it all would have lasted thru today, this day in time? Would it just be just another day to us all, with shows and cartoons. My friend and I discussed this over and over again, and we came to this conclusion. We love the memories of that time period, like alot of you do. We really cherish those memories when we look back on that time period in our lives. We all shared a common thread back then. We were all linked, hooked up together on those Saturday mornings back then. If the shows continued today, they would not be the same, they would be different, and our memories would not be that precious to us like it all is now, because that time period is long gone, and it is all different now. Different time, different atmosphere, etc. So, Im kind of glad its in the past, because its OURS, our memories, and they are very precious to us. What is your take on this?
Posts: 11 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to Watch Bugs Bunny for one hour and then switch to ABC for Superfriends and Laff Olympics. Then we would switch to an independent station and watch Detriot Tigers highlites and pilfer cigerettes from my step dads. After that it was all star wrestling time. HR Puff N Stuff was a fav also. Bullwinkle and Underdog and Magilla Gorilla.
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimpickens
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5801

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jimpickens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
those were the days watching the old Hanna Barberra and Warner Bros cartoons as well as the Filmation and Krofft shows as well as wrestling and maybe a monster movie.
Posts: 64 | From: weston,wv | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home