iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Phantasm

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Phantasm
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did this scare the s*** out of anyone else when they saw it? I was young when I saw it the first time...had nightmares for a month, I swear. Saw it the second time and it wasn't so bad. Amazon had the VHS really cheap so I was able to get it. Did anyone else like it?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tall Man scared me like no one else! I looked for this on DVD on Amazon awhile back and could only find some overly priced stuff. It must have been an import or was either out of print........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phantasm is very creepy. The Tall Man doesn't get enough praise in the movie killer genre.

The flying orb is also very cool.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pettyfan & Motley, does this bring back a few memories:

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tall Man never ages, does he? LOL... He looked the same in all the Phantasm movies, no matter what the year was.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is cool. I watched it a few months ago. I have this on dvd. I had no idea it was out of print.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angus Scrimm AKA The Tall Man was on one of the episodes of "Masters of Horror" last season. It was the episode entitled "Incident on and Off a Mountain Road." He looked the same in it as he did 27 years ago. On imdb, it said he was turning 80 on August 19! He still gets around great......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is totally underrated. It rocks and The Tall Man is scary! I saw it for the first time about 2 years ago. Its a shame I didnt see it as a kid cuz he would have been even scarier if I was still four and a half feet tall!
"BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" (shivers)

I didnt like Part 2 as much so I never bothered to watch 3 & 4. Can anyone recommend them?

(I think I read somewhere that they had to cut a lot from PHANTASM because for the time it was made it was too gory....Im guessing parts like the guy getting stuck in the head with the sphere balls blades and people getting their hands cut off and stuff like that )

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Mamamiasweetpeaches, don't waste your time with parts 3 and 4. They're not worth it. Nothing can compare to the original.

Motley, I saw that Masters of Horror episode. I swear that man still looks the same, and he sure doesn't look like he's 80!

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the 2nd was much better than the first and also the 4th as well, tho I love them all. My favourite horror series. It is soo worth completing the series, the continuing storyline is brill and Reggie gets better and better each film. I love in the 4th where it takes us back in time to how The tall man became and how they wove in scenes that were shot for the first film but not included in the end. And Don has left it open still for a 5th, I really hope that happens one day.

I bought my set from the uk amazon. The films come in a gorgeous sphere [Cool]

[ 05. October 2007, 14:57: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phantasm is coming back, and so is the Tall Man.

Check IMDb.

Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo, excellent [Big Grin] Phantasm 5 (2008)
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home