iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » BOOGIE ????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BOOGIE ????
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the other day how many songs from the 70's have the world boogie in them.

Boogie, Oogie, Oogie
Blame it on the Boogie
Boogie Nights
Boogie Fever
Boogie Wonderland
Boogie Man

even in the song Rock with you by Michael Jackson...he sticks a boogie in that song.

What happened to the boogies?? Kleenex was invented??? [Eek!] [Razz] [Wink]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeltaDeadDawn
Rewinder
Member # 4547

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DeltaDeadDawn   Email DeltaDeadDawn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they have replaced all the boogies w/ lots of boobies they can't sell it otherwise
Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS:

Lots of R&B/soul/disco songs from the 70's had the word "boogie" in the lyrics. But if you want just song titles, try these 70's "Boogie" songs:

* "Bertha Butt Boogie" (1975) by The Jimmy Castor Bunch
* "Boogie Shoes" by KC & The Sunshine Band
* "I'm Your Boogie Man" by KC & The Sunshine Band
* "Boogie Child" by the Bee Gees
* "Boogie Down" by Eddie Kendricks
* "Boogie On Reggae Woman" by Stevie Wonder
* "I Love To Boogie" (early 70's) by T. Rex
* "Get Up And Boogie" a 1975 disco song by The Silver Convention
* "Rockin' Pneumonia - Boogie Woogie Flu" (1972) by Johnny Rivers, and a really fun song!
* A 1973 cover version of the jazzy big-band classic "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" done by Bette Midler
* "Did You Boogie With Your Baby" (1976) by Flash Cadillac & The Continental Kids, which was a 50's retro group, very similar to Sha Na Na.

I don't know if it's a 70's song or what, but ZZ Top had a song called "Tube Snake Boogie". It's a sly double-entendre song.

The Wild Cherry song "Play That Funky Music" contains the line: "Once I was a boogie singer...", and then goes on to "lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til you die."

Although an 80's song, but still "boogie", is...
"Electric Boogie" by Marcia Griffith

That's all I can think of right now! [Big Grin]

[ 22. March 2006, 22:57: Message edited by: StevenHW ]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DeltaDawnDead-I love that! haha. That is so true...They should rewrite the lyrics...to

"I'm your Boobie Man" or "Boobie Wonderland" or "Blame it on the Boobie". [Wink] [Razz] [Big Grin]

Personally, I wanna hang with the Boogies! Hahaha.

Steven-I forgot about the Bertha Butt song!! OMG....my aunt's best friend, use to call my mom "Bertha Butt", and I thought she made it up, cause she was always singing these crazy songs, and I thought she made them all up, and then it was years later...I found out that was a real song.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home