iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » GRIZZLY / GRIZZLY II (Read this ISIS)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GRIZZLY / GRIZZLY II (Read this ISIS)
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, someone on IMDB was telling me about a flick called GRIZZLY that was about a kiler bear. Because this movie came out right after JAWS it was labeled a rip-off. But really: Look at stuff like PIRANHA and ORCA. Cant we say they were rip-offs too???
I looked on eBay and sure enough GRIZZLY is now on DVD. I am SO getting this! I love movies where stupid campers get iced!
There is also a GRIZZLY II that has supposedly never been released. It stars Charlie Sheen, George Clooney and Deborah Foreman. Did ya' hear that, ISIS??? DEBORAH FOREMAN!!!!!
Man, I would love to see it even if it's a crappy movie just to see them in it!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...I posted about this movie before under a thread about Deborah Foreman, and Valley said it never got finished, and is sitting on some guys shelf in his garage (which is actually true).

Have you seen where to buy Grizzly, cause I would go buy it too. I love those kind of movies!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try AMAZON and eBay. I bid on it using eBay.

I really hope I get it cuz just talking about it today has made me really wanna see it.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking on Ebay...there's a movie on there called "The Night of the Grizzly" It has Keenan Wynn and Ron Ely in it. I love Keenan Wynn he was in the movie The Snowball Express which is based on my uncle's life, his mom wrote the book that the Disney movie is based on, so I like looking for movies he's in. He did Piranha too, and I loved him in that.

I like those kind of older movies, they use to do the most awesome thrillers for on TV, and they don't make good TV movies anymore, but even if they did, they will never have the right look and feel to them anyway, cause they have to be set in that time period-that is one thing I have learned . I wish they would release so many movies that I saw on TV in the 70's, but I can't even remember the names of them any more, cause I was too young.

I loved Grizzly Adams.

So far I have found ...Grizzly Falls, Escape to Grizzly Mountain, Project Grizzly, Grizzly Man

I haven't found plain old GRIZZLY. I have a secret back up source though that can get me anything I want, so I am going to go use that, and see how that turns out.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Go to eBsy and type Grizzly Christopher George and it will come up. I guess "Christopher George" is the lead actor in it.
I won mine! Had to bid twice...but, oh well, hopefully it'll get here by the weekend. Now that its getting warm (We're getting weather in the 60s 'round here) I am in the mood for some good camp kill flicks!

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Ok...I will check it out later. I want some movies that get me hopping in to spring. I can't wait to watch April Fool's Day.

Grizzly looks like a good one. I hope I can find it.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Mamamia- Did you get it and watch it yet????
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
The person who sold it to me on eBay "couldnt find it" and refunded my money!!!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Hmmm....I have a bid on it now...I hope it isn't the same guy and he suddenly remembered where he put it. [Eek!]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sux mama. I have only had one bad experience on ebay. I bid and won a diecast replica Jeff Gordon car. He claimed it wasn't out yet after I won the bid. He sent me nasty emails, so mine started getting nasty too. The dude was in Wisconsin so I was almost ready to fly out there and get the thing. He finally sent it, they ended up getting a bunch of complaints from other customers about this dude, and he was suspended from ebay. I'm glad they suspended him so no one else would have to go through that...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
As long as they refund me I am pretty nice about it.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just got out bid at the last second on it. [Frown]
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
watch we're running ourselves ragged for this flick and it ends up sucking. Hahaha.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Okay. Just bid on it again through eBay.

did anyone watch it yet? Im still wanting to know if its worth all this time and effort to see "JAWS WITH CLAWS". Hahaha.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I haven't gotten it yet either...tell me if you get it, if not- I'll try bidding again, if I get it, I'll make you a copy.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Okay. Saw it. Played a lot like a TV movie actually. Very tame in what it showed and as far as obscenities go it was like the angry sherrif saying about the bear "We gotta get that bum before he kills again!" I actually laughed out loud when they said "That bum". How very 70s!
I watched it with my daughter and husband and for whatever reason my daughter went all chatterbox on me in the second half so I will have to watch it again alone one day.
I think you would like it. Its not great or anything....but...well, campers get eaten by bears. I dont know why that appeals to me, but it does. (My daughter asked me what lives in the woods. I said "According to the movies I watch: bears, Jason and evil hillbilles!")
Its one of those movies where its obvious whose gonna die when. Whevener someone says "Im gonna go over here by myself and do this" i would scream "Goodbye! You're dead!" at the TV. Everytime someone wondered off alone the bear attacked them.
There was one scene where a lady WHO HAS A RIFLE puts down the rifle and goes to put her feet in the water (Why doesnt she just smear honey on her feet and dangle them in the killer bear's face?!) I said "Wow, if it was JAWS she'ld be stupid enough to jump in the water naked." Then she started stripping down to do it! You just KNEW the bear was gonna get her! (She actually strips down to panties and a fleshtone bra...very 70s....like, no sex or nudity....but the whole thing was sort of an illusion that she was nude).
SO all in all, GRIZZLY felt like a 70s TV movie.

[ 12. June 2006, 07:34: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That does sound like something up my alley.

Mamamia did you read about a movie that I got off Ebay, I posted about it on another thread. It is called "Savage Harvest". It is about these killer lions. I saw that movie way back when it was on TV, and it gave me nightmares for years...I must be a glutton for punishment because I have no other reason as to why I just purchased it. It is a creepy movie, now I actually really want to see it.

Nobody else seemed to have ever heard of it.

I like movies with Killer animals, I figure like you said, if your dumb enough to go skinny dipping with a killer grizzly on the loose, then you deserve to die, I can't feel much sympathy for those people.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I think it is up your alley, in that its a film the whole family can watch. My daughter was in the room and she was fine with it.

I will have to look into SAVAGE HARVEST. My husband is one of those people who watches ANIMAL PLANET and all that stuff so when there is a movie with wild animals in it he watches it, no matter how bad or cheesy. (He made me sit through a terrible TV movie called SPRING BREAK SHARK ATTACK recently. Terrible!)
I know there is a movie called ROAR that Tippi Hedrin was in. It is supposed to be terrible...but he wants to find a copy cuz its about lions.
SO maybe I can get SAVAGE HARVEST and watch it with him.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Savage Harvest has Tom Skeritt in it, and the girl that played Wendy in Prom Night is in it, I think she plays his daughter. I had looked her up on imdb, and never realized she was in that movie, and when I saw the title I clicked on it to read more about it, and it turned out to be the movie that I even had posted on here long ago about, trying to find the title. So, it was weird that I came across it randomly like that.
I haven't got it in the mail yet.

I miss made for tv movies, especially from the 70's, because they were mostly family oriented, but they were really good for any age, and dramatic. I just like the people that were in those movies too, even the actors that maybe only were in a movie for a few minutes, or ones that only made that one movie, they were better actors than the top people that are out there today.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Wow that movie is hard to get a hold of. I bid $20 for it on eBay...and I'm pretty sure THATS a bootleg!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Hang on....I have a friend who can copy it for me, when I get it, I'll send it home with him, he's coming next week to visit me for 3 days, so I should have it by then. I know it has to be a bootleg. I only paid $12.50 for it plus $3 shipping.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched Savage Harvest. I liked it, it wasn't total actioned packed, and sometimes I thought the people were stupid too, like why wouldn't you board up everything..."BEFORE" the lions started getting in the house, instead of waiting until they get in, and then boarding them in to whatever room they got in to.
Or the youngest daughter, is dumb enough to put her arm out the door to try and reach her tennis racket, and the lion grabs her and pulls her out the door, what a dummy.

This movie was based on a true story. It was pretty gross in a couple of the scenes, when they were eating people, it really looked real, and I couldn't watch it. Bluck.

Michelle Phillips is in this movie too.

The quailty of the movie was pretty good. I will get a copy made.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
My friend was just visiting here for a couple days...and he brought me the movie Grizzly-so I think I am going to watch it today....I gave him Savage Harvest to take home and copy for me.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am working on watching it right now, but so far it is so lame. The budget was probably about $500 for red paint for the blood they used in the "grizzly" murders. The Grizzly takes one swing with his paw, and chops off an arm and then a head...those are some razor sharp claws.

The scene with the girl in the waterfall, was so lame, you could hear a stabbing sound....as if the Grizzly was running around with a butcher knife.

The sound is kind of off, at times the sound doesn't match up with their mouths.

The 1 thing I like is that it is from the 70's, and I like seeing what life was like, and remembering it then, like what people were wearing, what they looked like, what kind of vehicles people drove, what the furniture looked like, the whole feel of that time period.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home