iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » 70's/80's movie i dont know the name of

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 70's/80's movie i dont know the name of
janos44
Rewind Curious
Member # 4334

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for janos44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys Im looking for a movie from the 80's/70's. It had a guy in it that was being chased by the typical bad corporation, they had this Flash thingy, kinda like Men in Black, and if you were wearing these special sunglasses then you didnt get flashed. I remeber part of the movie they were watching a commercial and it tracked your eye movements and they were testing to see if people looked at the product or the girl in the commercial... i know this is a long shot but if anyone knows about this please post it.. thanks
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be THEY LIVE starring wrestler Rowdy Roddy Piper?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr getz
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4338

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mr getz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah sounds like they live
Posts: 13 | From: bath | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie you are searching for is called "Looker".

-

Starred Albert Finney, James Coburn, and Susan Day. Written and directed by Michael Crichton.

"Looker"

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was my second guess.
REALLY! I'M NOT LYING!
Only difference is I actually SAW "THEY LIVE" and have only HEARD of "LOOKER"....so I wasn't quite sure.

LOOKER stars Susan Dey (Lori Partridge), right?
Was it any good?

By the way....another weird "seduced by television" movie is VIDEODROME.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mamamiasweetpeaches I thought "Looker" was a really good movie. The premise is excellent and don't think corporations would jump all over that type of commerical technology if it was available today.

Yes, Lori from The Partridge Family in it. You should try to find it.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...I am glad that movie was brough up again...Valley I remember you telling me about it before, and I forgot to add it on my wish list of movies. I think I'll go look for it on ebay.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I'm in a rock and a hard place: Cuz Christmas is coming....so I have to stop spending money on movies for MYSELF!

I'll start a list for my January Shopping and put LOOKER on it.

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my I haven't seen this one in ages!! Thanks for the reminder.

This is one of those that give the perfect example of how far technologically we have come in this world. I remember how ancient computers looked in this.

Susan Dey's character was supposed to be the model for the "perfect" woman. They were going to get rid of models and do everything by computer.

A fun movie to watch.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home