iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » Surviving Gilligan's Island

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Surviving Gilligan's Island
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
60's I know, but this is the closest I could get.

I'm watching a tv movie called Surviving Gilligan's Island right now, and it's amazing! It's so sweet, not at all nasty or vicious. The actors portraying the Island's cast are excellent, not only in looking like the cast but sounding and acting like them.

They are showing Tina Louise as a bit of a "diva", but not in a really bad way. She comes across as quite intelligent.

It also has some linking segments by Bob Denver, Dawn Wells and Russell Johnson. I don't know if this was already in the schedule, but thankyou Prime TV, for showing this as a tribute to the late Bob Denver.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch I'm pretty sure I've seen this show. I think it came out in 2001. They could probably update it easily and reissue it today.

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a picture of the actors that portrayed the castaways:

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Also, TBS started a horrible reality show last year based on Gilligan's Island. Where they get a real Skipper, Professor, Actress, Millionaire Couple, Mary Ann, & Goofy Gilligan to compete survivor style against another set of castaways just like them. I only caught part of it, but it wasn't that good.
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know when you think about it Gilligan's Island really was an awesome idea for a show. I can remember it being on every day after school when I was in middle school and watching it. At the time I had no idea that it was only on for 3 years. But according to imdb.com the seasons were longer than the normal 22 like they have for shows now. I think in the last season they almost 30 shows. So I bet if you stretch it out it was like it was on for 5 years.

I love the idea of building huts and being able to survive on an island that is so beautiful and warm all of the time. I wonder how they came up with the idea for this one? Does anyone know?? I haven't ever seen the E True Hollywood story which probablly has that kind of info in it?

Anyone know how Gilligan came to be?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that movie....and I cant really remember much about it! I remember "Ginger" telling "Mary Ann" she couldn't wear bangs because Ginger's charactor wore bangs.
I don't really remember GILLIGAN'S ISLAND having a whole lotta scandal...except that Tina Louise mighta been a bit of a diva.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you guys think that the professor looks just like the Skipper now? Isn't that strange?

The professor actually wasn't too bad looking when he was on the show.

Jessie....the reason you liked Gilligan's Island is the same reasons I liked the Blue Lagoon....only I'd take being stranded with Christopher Atkins over Gilligan.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the preofessor was hot...but totally asexual!

Does he look like crap now?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peaches wrote:
quote:
I thought the preofessor was hot...but totally asexual!
He must've been! I mean, how did he spend all that time with Ginger and Mary Ann, but NOT make a pass at either one of them? [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the same thing...I thought all the men were....except Mr. Howell, but even he seemed "different".

Seriously....the Professor was kind of cute...but was totally BLAH!

And Ginger and MaryAnn, were always putting the moves on all the men to do things for them...but the men seemed to be totally "uncomfortable" about it...like get away from me...it wasn't as if they were related...so why were they pushing the girls away from them all the time.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Okay:
The Skipper and "Little Buddy" were , for the most part, gay.
The Skipper used to get hot and bothered over Ginger.
Ginger used to get Mr Howells coals stoked too.
Out of the two, The Professor preferred Mary Ann...but not enough to do anything about it.
Mary Ann....well, we found out in the TV movie she had a fiancee back home.
Ginger C.T.'ed everyone when necessary.
And Lovey....I guess had originally slept with Howell but now was only it it for the money.

And this is not anything I thought up on the spot. By the time I was 9 or 10 I felt this way!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home