iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 70's Movies » MANDINGO?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MANDINGO?
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband found a place that sells DVDs for $1.00. He brought home a bunch and so far all pretty stink-o (worth a buck!) They are selling MANDINGO. I had heard that thats supposed to be really over the top violent. Has anyone seen it?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movie was R-rated when it first came out in the mid-70's, and I was too young at the time.

But I finally saw it on VHS video in the mid-80's.

I wouldn't say it was "over the top violent", but it was based on a trashy bestseller, and the movie was too.

Susan George does the worst attempt at a Southern (Dixie) accent ever! [Smile]

Then again, what do you expect for only a $1 DVD?

There was a sequel in 1976 called "Drum", which I never saw. But I have never seen that one on VHS or DVD.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muzzled ox
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1841

- posted      Profile for muzzled ox   Email muzzled ox       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to remember this seeing this on video. I think the R- rating was more the sexual content. I seen to recall some very steamy scenes it, at least for the day.
Well "Midnight Cowboy" was given X-rating in the USA... Today, i don't think it would even be Considered a 14A/PG13. but don't get me started on the inconsistancies of movie ratings.

Posts: 26 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home